Slide out Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out Fault

Hello all, I’m new to this forum and hopefully someone can help me. I’ve got a 2021 GD Reflection 312BHTS and the bunk slide does not go out. The app says there’s a fault but I can’t locate the switch to see what the fault is. Is there something I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

CTE1978 You may want to read the new member welcome letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Looking at pictures of the Reflection TT 312BHTS the only slide that should have a controller is the rear street side slide as its the Schwintech type. Hopefully someone will chime in as to where the controller is located, but until then its a scavenger hunt. First guesses are Rear hutch and Sink area. Could even be in the back room. Motor wires are up to 30' long. You will loose 5' for location on the wall, so that leaves about 20' along the floor for a location where it can be located.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by CTE1978 View Post
      Hello all, I’m new to this forum and hopefully someone can help me. I’ve got a 2021 GD Reflection 312BHTS and the bunk slide does not go out. The app says there’s a fault but I can’t locate the switch to see what the fault is. Is there something I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
      hi CTE1978,
      By the information I can see that bunk slide is a Schwintek, or "In-Wall" slideout. That means there's a controller (somewhere). It should be on near the TV location in the bunk room area. It will look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	InWall CanBus.JPG
Views:	1297
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	54986
      Note that right on the controller is a chart that will help you interpret the "blinks" of the LEDs to the fault.

When you get a chance to look around (after we figure out this issue) please take a moment to read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If the slide is a Schwintek,
        Is the slide is completely silent (no motor sounds from both sides) check your fuse panel. If the fuse is blown, you can replace it with the same size fuse then after fully charging the battery and plugging the rig into an AC outlet, try to operate the slide again. Make sure your battery switch is turned on to aid along with the converter.

Jim

Comment

Thanks everyone! I do hear the motor start, but the rear starts moving about 1 second before the other side starts. I hope that makes sense, that’s usually when I get the fault alert.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I do hear the motor start, but the rear starts moving about 1 second before the other side starts. I hope that makes sense, that’s usually when I get the fault alert.
            Hopefully the slide motors are just out of sync. Did you find the controller?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

howson If the motors are out of Sync, can he just hold the closed button till the motor time out? Then once it extends, do the extend retract hold button procedure until they resync?

Also, someone had issues with ripping the motor connectors out. When you say the other end starts, can you hear that motor start or is it possible that the rear is trying to drag the front out causing the movement?
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                howson If the motors are out of Sync, can he just hold the closed button till the motor time out? Then once it extends, do the extend retract hold button procedure until they resync?

Also, someone had issues with ripping the motor connectors out. When you say the other end starts, can you hear that motor start or is it possible that the rear is trying to drag the front out causing the movement?
                Possible. I'd like to know what the fault code is so the OP needs to find the controller and report the number of blinks.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hopefully the slide motors are just out of sync. Did you find the controller?
                  Unfortunately I haven’t. I’m a bigger guy and barely fit into that room, I couldn’t see any controller around the tv area. Checked the closet, even the drawers and couldn’t find anything. I did try to slide it out again and the front moves before the rear. I can try to upload a video of it, maybe I’m doing something wrong and somebody can show me the right way.

Comment

Unfortunately I haven’t. I’m a bigger guy and barely fit into that room, I couldn’t see any controller around the tv area. Checked the closet, even the drawers and couldn’t find anything. I did try to slide it out again and the front moves before the rear. I can try to upload a video of it, maybe I’m doing something wrong and somebody can show me the right way.
                    The two motors stay in sync by setting the "home" or "extended" point when the slide room stops moving. That's if...and this is a big if...the extend or retract button is held down for a few seconds. From the Schwintek operation manual:

Name:	Slide Out Notes.JPG
Views:	904
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	55419

What happens when the operator fails to hold down the button? The motors loose track of where they are at, and the symptoms you describe sure sound like they are out of sync.

So what can be done? The motors need to be re-synchronized.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	Synchronize.JPG
Views:	857
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	55420

Unfortunately you can't get the room extended to execute LCI's steps in the manual. In the Reference Material section of this channel there's a thread named Schwintek Alternate Sync Method (Brilliant!). Give it a read. Hopefully the OP, dohertycm , will stop by if you have any questions.

Howard

Comment

See if the controllers are inside the island. Sometimes there is a blind panel to hide them.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

If the slide is a Schwintek,
                        Is the slide is completely silent (no motor sounds from both sides) check your fuse panel. If the fuse is blown, you can replace it with the same size fuse then after fully charging the battery and plugging the rig into an AC outlet, try to operate the slide again. Make sure your battery switch is turned on to aid along with the converter.

Jim
                        Jim
                        On my unit the Schwintek is tied to the GD positive buss bar in the front bay through a auto reset-able breaker. Is yours through a fuse? Its also on the disconnect switch circuit. So if the disconnect is off it has no power.

Just curious
                        Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Jim
                          On my unit the Schwintek is tied to the GD positive buss bar in the front bay through a auto reset-able breaker. Is yours through a fuse? Its also on the disconnect switch circuit. So if the disconnect is off it has no power.

Just curious
                          Keith
                          Keith,

My Schwintek is fused in the power distribution panel. It also runs through the disconnect switch via the main power cable.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The two motors stay in sync by setting the "home" or "extended" point when the slide room stops moving. That's if...and this is a big if...the extend or retract button is held down for a few seconds. From the Schwintek operation manual:

Name:	Slide Out Notes.JPG
Views:	904
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	55419

What happens when the operator fails to hold down the button? The motors loose track of where they are at, and the symptoms you describe sure sound like they are out of sync.

So what can be done? The motors need to be re-synchronized.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	Synchronize.JPG
Views:	857
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	55420

Unfortunately you can't get the room extended to execute LCI's steps in the manual. In the Reference Material section of this channel there's a thread named Schwintek Alternate Sync Method (Brilliant!). Give it a read. Hopefully the OP, dohertycm , will stop by if you have any questions.

Howard

I will check that thread out when I get back home, thank you! I did look in the island to see if it was in there, I couldn’t find anything in there. I’m going to look at it again tomorrow sometime. Again, thanks everyone for the helpful advice.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck on this. I just had to re sync the motors after I installed a new motor today. Hopefully 🤞 that the slide comes in sync.
                              Brent, Krista, and our 6 year old nugget
                              Cruising with two Black Labs, Lestat and Pandora
                              2021 Ram 3500 Dually Long Bed 4X4 HO Cummins (Blue Sapphire)
                              2021 Imagine 3110BH (The Dog House)

Comment

Working...
                              X