Out of alignment slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of alignment slide

I have arrived back in Az after spending the summer in Alaska with no problems until today. I have a 2015 Solitude 369 RL and do all maintenance and 95% of repairs but have run out of ideas and could really use some tech help. My kitchen slide slides out with no problems except one end is about 4 inches short of wall. I have cut off dining side and have brought kitchen slide in and out several times and pushed that end with no results. As a help to readers, I have checked off the following. Rig is level, all bolts and adjustments are at same place before trip, hydro fluid is at normal levels, nothing is blocking top or bottom, very careful of frost heaves in AK but did hit a couple but slide performed at all stops on three week trip back to AZ. One thing I notice is a wider joint on the bottom of the inside portion where the problem occurs. The three rollers are free spinning when I push them with my finger. I had notice a definite list to the left on stop over in NM and that springs had gone flat so replaced all four springs but unfortunately did not correct lean. I have concerns that I may have bent frame or broken weld so I am open to suggestions or even if Emily thinks a tech might walk
    me through some possible scenarios. Sorry for the length but we are full timers so hope problem can be corrected on sight.

Originally posted by Fisherguy1 View Post
    My kitchen slide slides out with no problems except one end is about 4 inches short of wall.
    I wonder if the cross shaft between the two alignment gears has broken or become disconnected? The purpose of these connected gears that run on the toothed racks of the square tubes is to keep the two ends of the slide in alignment with each other, even though the slide is pushed in or out from one end only. If one end is 4" different than the other end, this twin pinion gear and rack system is not doing it's job.

Rob

Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for reply and makes sense. I plan to remove underbelly cover and take a look. As bad as the roads were on trip I thought of broken teeth, skipped teeth and the cross bar. I will post what I see.

Comment

Working...
      X