Manual Slide Operation on 2020 240RL 5th Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Slide Operation on 2020 240RL 5th Wheel

How do you manually operate this slide-out? Manual says it is via a 1" access hole in the skirt (similar to spare tire access). That hole isn't there though. Anyone know the real answer? No issues, just getting familiar with my new unit.

Originally posted by klang123 View Post
    How do you manually operate this slide-out? Manual says it is via a 1" access hole in the skirt (similar to spare tire access). That hole isn't there though. Anyone know the real answer? No issues, just getting familiar with my new unit.
    Welcome to Grand Design's (Technical) Owners' Forum. Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members if you'd like to learn more about this forum. Link here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your question: the slide in the 240RL is commonly called a Schwintek slide. Lippert calls it an In-Wall slideout. This type of slide does not have a manual override. What you're reading in the manual is applicable to a thru-frame slideout.

More information on the Schwintek on Lippert's (LCI) website: https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

There's also good information in the Reference Material channel on an alternative method of syncing your Schwintek (should it be necessary). Check it out!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Only my Reflection 303, there is an access hole on the curb side for the slide manual extension, but not the street side. It appears that the street side would need to come out between the tires. GD chose not to put the hole in the plastic tire skirt.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X