grunt and grown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grunt and grown

Is it normal especially in how weather the slides seem to grunt more, they open and close fine might even be the rubber seals.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

I get occasional odd sounds but have never attributed it to weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
      Is it normal especially in how weather the slides seem to grunt more, they open and close fine might even be the rubber seals.
      In all the years on the other forum (and Tom was there too) I too do not recall any posts about weather (you said "how" but suspect meant "hot") affecting slides operations. Not sure what you mean by "grunt and grown".....suspect you meant groan. It would be interesting to see and hear a video.

The gear packs on the in frame slide do need cleaning and lubrication as referenced by LCI. I did this recently on our slides and the popping and banging noises heard coming from the floor went away. I have a thread on that and if I locate that, I will share that link.

Slide swipe seals used by GDRV in recent years are designed and built with permanent lubrication in them thus not requiring and lubrication. Rob Cate&Rob has shared information on this in other threads. Suspect Rob will chime in.

Many of us with older GDRVs (and current years owners too) do use slide swipe seal lubrication products or baby powder.......I use the latter. At times our kitchen swipe seals do not "flip" fully either.....usually after I apply too much powder and have to wipe off the excess.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Dennis66 - here is the thread I referenced. Maybe this could help as well.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-grating-sound

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
        X