Bring Slide out in manually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Slide out in manually

On our 2021 Grand Design Transcend 221RB in the book it states there is a hole through the frame above the stairs with a rod and a fitting sticking out. This is supposedly to manually bring in the Slide out. During warrenty work I mentioned that the hole was there to a dealer but no rod or fitting. He claims there is none. To manually bring in Slide out you have to either remove or cut the underbelly to access the motor. Seems silly that it would be in the book and a hole where it states with nothing there. I believe it is a lippert Slide out.
    2021 Grand Design Transcend 221RB
    2018 f150 4x4

There should be an extension rod from the slide motor, sticking out through that hole in the frame rail, to manually drive the slide if the motor is not working. There seem to be a lot of similar slide questions currently being discussed! See this thread and the attachments related to your question. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...oving-anything

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I thought there was supposed to be something there. Nothing there! They either forgot to put it in or it fell out! Mentioned to dealer and he said they have never had an extension and no such part exists.
      2018 f150 4x4

Comment

Can you check into this to see if a rod or shaft is supposed to be present to manually return the room?

Thanks.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Mokey View Post
          On our 2021 Grand Design Transcend 221RB in the book it states there is a hole through the frame above the stairs with a rod and a fitting sticking out. This is supposedly to manually bring in the Slide out. During warrenty work I mentioned that the hole was there to a dealer but no rod or fitting. He claims there is none. To manually bring in Slide out you have to either remove or cut the underbelly to access the motor. Seems silly that it would be in the book and a hole where it states with nothing there. I believe it is a lippert Slide out.
          I am working on this to get the exact location. Transcends have the through frame slide so they do have a port to manually bring in the slide. There is a port for the rod, either by the stairs or further up, depending on which arm the actuator is at (this is what I’m waiting to confirm).

Comment

Look in the stair box toward the front of the rig. You should see a hex head that the supplied "wrench" will fit. There isn't actually a hole anywhere.
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Mokey View Post
              Here is the location of the manual override shaft. I apologize for the delay in getting back with you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nothing there. Dealer is ordering one. Either forgot to put it in or it fell out.
                2018 f150 4x4

Comment

Working...
                X