slide tearing vinyl floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slide tearing vinyl floor

when kitchen slide is being let in vinyl floor starts to pucker up on my 2019 337rls. noticed this when i saw 2 tears in floor on recent trip. now back home watched as wife let slide in,vinyl puckers up so much ,about one half inch, when slide is about two thirds in i am scared to bring it all the way in because pucker is so high concerned slide will tear larger place in vinyl. any one had this or similar problem.

danny
    Hi Danny,

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

What you are describing is not an uncommon situation and has been discussed in several threads on this forum. If you use the search tool in the upper right corner on "slide slickers" you will find many of these discussions. These are protective strips laid on the floor before bringing in the slide, to protect the vinyl.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have a similar issue, not a big pucker, but small pucker. Over a lot of time the vinyl tore. The first time I put some gorilla tape over the whole and then put a rubber standing mat over it, The whole was next to the sink and counter where I stand to do most of my cooking and washing, so it looks like I just added a comfy decorative mat to stand on. Unfortunately I see another hole developing, looks like some debris got under the slide, rock or something. That one is going to more problematic as it is in the middle of the walking area.

When I took the carpet out from under the kitchen table I ordered some matching flooring from GD, that was pricey, shipping was almost as much as the flooring. But I have some left over, so when the hole gets a little bigger I will do the vinyl flooring repair procedure.
      2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
      2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
      E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
      Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

I have the same issue...
        I've placed a scrap of vinyl floor from one of my apartments where the slide digs in to protect the trailer's floor...
        Is there a way to adjust the slide to keep it from doing this?

Comment

I have same issue. The kitchen slide rubs the vinyl floor about 2/3 of the way in. And again on the way out. I put a thin carpet under the edge of the slide so it does not damage the floor. Also very interested in how to adjust the slide to eliminate this.

Comment

Our 2021 315RLTS was delivered in April. So excited, leveled, opened slides, and found that the slide had sliced approximately 8" slice in the vinyl. Quick fix, slider. Bought, used, no further damage, but rubber is appearing in chunks from under slider. It does not seem to have a plastic corner piece like on other end of slider. We have not had any luck getting our camper in for warranty work. We bought in NY, live in MA. Service person said they could not repair slice, but would need to cut area out and patch. Still the slide needs to be repaired to prevent more damage. Service said not to have Grand Design replace floor because if they remove slide to repair it, it may not seat correctly, and may cause more damage. HELP- this is a brand new camper. Do we bring it back to Colton RV, Grand Design IN, Having trouble resolving with Grand Design.

Comment

Marie Lailer I have pulled up your case and it looks like it is still pending information from the dealer (photos). I will send an email to the rep associated with your case and ask for them to provide you with any updates they may have. Thank you.

Comment

I have a 2018 337 and noticed the floor between the sink and fridge has small puckers in vinyl. When I bring in the slide it is scraping the floor between the sink and fridge. This just started; hadn’t had problems until now. How do we remedy the problem?

Comment

My kitchen slide rubs floor in same way, about 2/3 of the way in. The warranty adjustment is scheduled for April 4th due to long trip underway. In the mean time, three pieces of thin carpet, upside down, is protecting the floor.

Comment

I’ve followed this issue in more than one forum. There are two go-to solutions:

1.) Put a thin piece of hard plastic over the wear area to protect it.
                    2.) Get an appointment with Grand Design to have the slide upgraded and adjusted.

In the case of #1 the torn vinyl flooring can be patched. Contact Grand Design to acquire the color correct vinyl for your rig.

In the case of #2, Grand Design has removed the slide and replaced the under floor plywood with a thicker stronger piece, then reinstalled and correctly adjusted the slide to provide more clearance.

Several owners have reported that this (#2) was done under warranty. Makes me wonder if my 2018 295RL would be covered - probably not so I’d be stuck with the pice of plastic solution ?!
                    Flash Buddy & Jan Baby
                    2018 Reflection 295RL
                    2018 Ford F-250 | B&W Companion 25K

Comment

Originally posted by Baja Fog View Post
                      I’ve followed this issue in more than one forum. There are two go-to solutions:

1.) Put a thin piece of hard plastic over the wear area to protect it.
                      2.) Get an appointment with Grand Design to have the slide upgraded and adjusted.

In the case of #1 the torn vinyl flooring can be patched. Contact Grand Design to acquire the color correct vinyl for your rig.

In the case of #2, Grand Design has removed the slide and replaced the under floor plywood with a thicker stronger piece, then reinstalled and correctly adjusted the slide to provide more clearance.

Several owners have reported that this (#2) was done under warranty. Makes me wonder if my 2018 295RL would be covered - probably not so I’d be stuck with the pice of plastic solution ?!

On my 2018 303rls it was the slide floor bowing damaging the floor. No amount of slickers or other protection helped. Luckily I was still under structural warranty and GD factory replaced slide out floor to one inch thick and added more rollers. You may want to document with pictures and prepare to send to GD. When you look at slide, is it bowing?
                      Vivian
                      2018 Reflection 303rls
                      Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                      Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
                      X