Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulic Slideout adjustment- fore & aft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Slideout adjustment- fore & aft.

I was cleaning slide out seals today & noticed that both hydraulic slides on my 310GK were out of adjustment front to rear. Measured & there is a 1/2 inch difference. The seal on the tight ends are starting to get torn up.
    There are four bolts under each slide (two on both ends) in slotted holes, Is this something I can adjust myself? Slideouts out or in? Do I need to prop slide with jack stands? Loosen the bolts & give it a shove?
    Any tips & tricks before I tear into this is appreciated.
    Paul & Sue
    '18 310 GK 10/17 Build
    '15 Ford F350 DRW

Paul - LCI has videos and documentation on the various adjustments to slides and how to do. I am not sure which size hydraulic slides you have but here are a couple links below - second with videos. Just find the slide size/type on the LCI site and maybe these links and others will help if no one else chimes in. I have not viewed the videos.

Jim TucsonJim has helped folks adjust slides in the past and posted feedback......not sure if on this forum though. He may be or will be big game hunting so don't be surprised if Jim does not respond promptly.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001612.pdf

https://support.lci1.com/2-x-2-hydraulic-slide-system

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Gronk1 View Post
      I was cleaning slide out seals today & noticed that both hydraulic slides on my 310GK were out of adjustment front to rear. Measured & there is a 1/2 inch difference. The seal on the tight ends are starting to get torn up.
      There are four bolts under each slide (two on both ends) in slotted holes, Is this something I can adjust myself? Slideouts out or in? Do I need to prop slide with jack stands? Loosen the bolts & give it a shove?
      Good morning.

Those slides are pretty easy to adjust, especially fore and aft.

1. Fully extend the slide.
      2. Loosen the bolts that allow for horizontal movement on one of the arms. Tap the arm the opposite way that that you want the room to slide. I usually go in 1/4" increments.
      3. Tighten the bolts.
      4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 on the other arm.
      5. Run the room in and out three times and measure to see if further adjustments are needed.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanx guys, will try Jim's method first as these slides gotta be heavy, & my back isn't what it use to be. Now if I can get the smoke from Dixie to clear a little.
        Paul & Sue
        '18 310 GK 10/17 Build
        '15 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Good morning.

Those slides are pretty easy to adjust, especially fore and aft.

1. Fully extend the slide.
          2. Loosen the bolts that allow for horizontal movement on one of the arms. Tap the arm the opposite way that that you want the room to slide. I usually go in 1/4" increments.
          3. Tighten the bolts.
          4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 on the other arm.
          5. Run the room in and out three times and measure to see if further adjustments are needed.

Jim
          Thank you, Jim ! I owe you another IPA !

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Gronk1 View Post
            Through Frame Slide-Out (thinkific.com)

Paul Lippert has on line training courses for the slide systems that will show you how to adjust them.
            Donnie & Pattie
            2017 F350 Dually, 2021 Solitude 390RK
            Vin# 573FS4224MAA00525

Comment

Originally posted by racerx1699 View Post

Through Frame Slide-Out (thinkific.com)

Paul Lippert has on line training courses for the slide systems that will show you how to adjust them.
              Donnie - I think the 310 has hydraulic slides, but the procedure is the same.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Donnie - I think the 310 has hydraulic slides, but the procedure is the same.

Jim
                Jim
                The Through Frame Slide Out class is for the hydraulic system, they go over the two types of hydraulic system. I took the Schwintec and hydraulic class's, they were pretty good. They offer 15 different classes.

Donnie
                Donnie & Pattie
                2017 F350 Dually, 2021 Solitude 390RK
                Vin# 573FS4224MAA00525

Comment

Originally posted by racerx1699 View Post

Jim
                  The Through Frame Slide Out class is for the hydraulic system, they go over the two types of hydraulic system. I took the Schwintec and hydraulic class's, they were pretty good. They offer 15 different classes.

Donnie
                  Got ya. I understand now.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Working...
                  X