Visible air gap on bottom of slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visible air gap on bottom of slide

I have a 2021 2250RK, and I’m wondering if others are experiencing the same (see pic).
    From the inside right of slide, we have a hole in the floor where slide is attached. Does anyone know if this is normal, doesn’t appear that it should be.

Now that you mention it , I believe we have the same issue.
    What about mice ?

Comment

It's pretty normal. I had the same thing on my last three RV's. It's never caused us an issue.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We don't see any light through the slide seals on our new 2022 Transcend 200MK. However, looking at the way the "seals" work, it would be surprising to me if gaps didn't appear in the fullness of time. Not sure what could be done about this except to work the rubber seals to hopefully make them close up better. Personally, I worry more about stale air inside the trailer especially at night while sleeping. A little air gap here and there might be a good thing.

Later edit: I just went out and looked closely at our slide out. While I can't see daylight while standing inside and the slide out in, if I bend down and move the seal, I can easily see outside.
        Last edited by KrustyKush; 09-21-2021, 02:32 PM.
        Ruth and Patrick
        2022 Transcend 200MK
        2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Comment

I'm a little worried about mice or other rodents also. I can see light on both corners of my kitchen side slide, and that's when open and closed.
          Scott.n.Tira are from Vegas.
          2021 GD 2670MK
          2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Comment

If I am remembering previous conversations on this forum properly, those holes are supposed to be there. I believe they are for draining any water that travels along the slide rail when it's open, to the outside at the bottom. IE, if any water makes it's way into the trailer on the Schwintek rail, that water has a path to the outside at the bottom.

I know one time the bottom wiper seal on the outside was flipped over on our trailer, and not covering that port. I could see straight to the outside, but after folding it back, it covered the hole when the slide was closed.

For mice control, I think some users have placed copper wool in there, but for sure you don't want to plug those holes with anything that won't allow water to drain. Also the copper won't rust, as compared to steel.
            Last edited by StephenO; 09-22-2021, 08:26 AM.
            2019 Imagine 2400BH
            2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
            X