Slide seal corner glue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide seal corner glue.

The top left corner of my dining room seal came unglued. I plan to clean it well with alcohol and use super glue. Is this a good or bad idea???
    Last edited by Beachcamper; 10-05-2021, 05:32 PM.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Hi Vivian,
    I’m not sure I would worry about this if it was my 5er. I see a huge amount of RV where the outer seals are not glued together like GD does, and our old 5er outer seals were not glued. It is you call of course.
    Not sure what glue to use for this either if you go that way. Someone should be along and
    might know what the glue is the mothership uses.

Hope the slide is doing well.

Steve
    2018 Reflection 303
    2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
    Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
      The top left corner of my dining room seal came unglued. I plan to clean it well with alcohol and use super glue. Is this a good or bad idea???
      You need the glue used for patching tires - it literately welds the two pieces of soft rubber together. Superglue will break over time. Walmart should have it in the toy section with the bikes.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

QUOTE=Superduty;n67298]Hi Vivian,
        I’m not sure I would worry about this if it was my 5er. I see a huge amount of RV where the outer seals are not glued together like GD does, and our old 5er outer seals were not glued. It is you call of course.
        Not sure what glue to use for this either if you go that way. Someone should be along and
        might know what the glue is the mothership uses.

Hope the slide is doing well.

[/QUOTE]

Steve, we are now in Tennessee and have been using the slide a lot moving from place to place. It’s a vast improvement it was worth the trouble of going back to tweak the roller placement. It is now as good as yours was done.

Yoda, I have that kind of glue for bikes. Good idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55ABD7C6-3DD1-4F70-AC23-9A7B499A3FE8.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	67322
        Attached Files
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Demco Recon

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Steve, we are now in Tennessee and have been using the slide a lot moving from place to place. It’s a vast improvement it was worth the trouble of going back to tweak the roller placement. It is now as good as yours was done.

Hi Vivian,
          Very good news on the slide repair, this time. Lets know how the Glue works out on the seal, in a while after some use.

Steve

Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I have an email in to the mothership, will advise on their recommendation as well.

Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Demco Recon

Comment

I got the final word from GD:

“yes we do glue these wipe seals in the corners. We use super glue to do this.”
              Vivian
              2018 Reflection 303rls
              Demco Recon

Comment

Super glue. Hum. Here I thought that had some magical glue for this. Thanks Vivian.
                Steve
                2018 Reflection 303
                Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Superduty, it is still working! Been operating that slide a lot due to alignment adjustments lately and it is not separated at all. I usually get those one shot packs at Dollar Tree to have on hand. Package says ok for rubber, who would have thought.
                  Vivian
                  2018 Reflection 303rls
                  Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
                  X