Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out controller

Hi all,

I have a 2017 303rls and have some slide out questions. I have located one slide out controller shown in the attached picture. Is this controller for both the kitchen/tv and living room slide, as it has connections for 2 motors? I have noticed the the "tool" for the spare tire and slide out manual control works/fits fine in the kitchen/tv slide, but when I put it in the hole for living room slide, there is not nut for it to turn. Am I missing something?

The bedroom slide seems to be a different set up that the 2 other slides. Where is the motor and controller for that slide?

Thanks!
    2017 303rls
    2017 Chevy Duramax

seasquared
    Welcome to our owners technical forum (and particularly the "303" group). When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

The controller in you picture runs the two motors on the bedroom closet slide. This is a Schwintek type of slide with motors up high on each side that drive the rails visible on the outside of the slide. The main room slides are driven by under floor motor and rail systems. There is no controller for the main two slides, just relays in the front compartment above the battery.

There should be a manual drive for each of the main slides. These drives are on the opposite side of the trailer from the slide that they control. It is quite possible that the extension drive coming out through the frame for one of the slides has come loose and gone missing (this happened to me).

Do you have a copy of the LCI Chassis manual. (It should have come in the bag of documentation from Grand Design). I have attached a copy that should answer many of your questions. Don't hesitate to ask if something is still not clear . . . there are several 303 owners active on this forum .

Rob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-28-2021, 09:50 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info and shame on me for not looking at the welcome center and introducing my self. I updated my profile before responding.

I do not have a copy of the LCI chassis manual, so thanks for including one!

I think as you suggest, the extension drive came loose on the Living room side (which I guess would manually control the Kitchen TV slide if I follow your explanation correctly). How did you fix yours?
      2017 303rls
      2017 Chevy Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by seasquared View Post
        Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info and shame on me for not looking at the welcome center and introducing my self. I updated my profile before responding.

I do not have a copy of the LCI chassis manual, so thanks for including one!

I think as you suggest, the extension drive came loose on the Living room side (which I guess would manually control the Kitchen TV slide if I follow your explanation correctly). How did you fix yours?
        Rob will see your note if you quote him (like I just did with your post) or you "tag" him like this: Cate&Rob (also explained in the Welcome Letter). It's all good--hope you find this forum useful.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson , Saw that, but thought it would email him as a contributor of the thread, guess all forums are a bit different. Thanks!
          2017 303rls
          2017 Chevy Duramax

Comment

Working...
          X