Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwintek Drive Shaft Broken, or sheared GIB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of using a tool battery for temporary motor power.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

TedS Ted, looking at the picture and the video, that shaft is not sticking up very far. From the outside, can you move the shaft up by hand? If so, you might try a bit of tape or something to hold the shaft UP and then use the motors to see if the slide works.

If the stake(s) in the shaft are missing and you can get the shaft out, it may be possible to "re-stake" the shaft with a set or punch. I might suggest drilling a hole and installing the smallest roll pin available, or a clip of some sort.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        TedS Ted, looking at the picture and the video, that shaft is not sticking up very far. From the outside, can you move the shaft up by hand? If so, you might try a bit of tape or something to hold the shaft UP and then use the motors to see if the slide works.

If the stake(s) in the shaft are missing and you can get the shaft out, it may be possible to "re-stake" the shaft with a set or punch. I might suggest drilling a hole and installing the smallest roll pin available, or a clip of some sort.
        I am kind of past that portion of my life where I re-engineer things so they work. While others are excellent mechanics and engineers I kind of suck at it. So a little patience and a little money I will have all new parts.
        2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
        2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
        E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
        Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
        X