No announcement yet.

Slide out on new 2021 2500RL Nothing but a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same issue 2021 25rl and was able to fix it by bringing it all the in and hold the button a few seconds after it closed or extended. I had to do this several times. Hasn't given me a problem since.

Comment

We are having same issues. Worked for the first 4 or five times in our driveway, then on are first trip the slide got jammed up. Not getting fixed? until September. Very frustrating!! We had another brand of trailer with 2 slides (same system) with no problems, so I believe it has to be an installation problem.

2500RLMike

Comment

Mine is finally going in Friday July 15th will see how that goes, broken since May! l Lost 3 months of the summer and had to cancel all my reservations.
        ???? Imagine 2500RL
        See Custom 3D Printed Parts on eBay:
        https://www.ebay.com/usr/frankl48044

Comment

Moderator Note: The frustration conveyed in this thread is clearly understood, and as a fellow owner it is easy to empathize with the situation those who have posted here are experiencing. This forum exists so owners can help other owners by conveying troubleshooting and repair information. What actually caused these failures (and what it took to fix them) that will inform other owners is welcome!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We purchased our 2022 2500RL in Alberta this past February in hopes of going on a 6 month retirement trip this October. We just got word that the Swintek mechanism needs replaced and so we are in the cue with others seeking warranty approval. It will probably take up to two months for it to be repaired. And when it’s repaired, we might be too nervous to use the slide and trailer again. And if we change our minds, we won’t get it in time to leave for Arizona before the snow flies. This is our 4th trailer and with all the issues we’ve experienced, we’re thinking that maybe it’s time to pack it in .

What I don’t understand is why our slide failed like this and why the Manufactuer and or, vendor doesn’t correct the problem . The problem is so rampant on this and other forums.

Neil Pierce, new member
            2022 Imagine 2500RL
            2021 Sierra Elevation Diesel

Comment

Hey Npierce, we were told the same thing, I called lippert directly and I was told that parts were one to two days out and they suggested the dealer to call them directly with the case number they gave me. In my case from the time I called the dealer to the time the parts arrived was seven business days. It took three more business days to get it installed. My dealer was not only shocked but very skeptical in what I told him until I followed up the next day and they said wow. You were right, The parts were ordered and will be here next week which they were

Don't give up

Comment

Well I just posted above that our mechanism was replaced, It was and it still isn't right. Now I believe it's an install issue while pushing the slide in or out. Lots of banging, bumping, cracking and various noises that are certainly not normal.

It goes back in on September 3rd to get a new furion refrigerator and they'll be working on the slide again

Comment

I realize this is an old thread. Feel free to point me to a newer version.

I have a 2500rl with Schwentec slide.

it sorta works. Lots of popping/grinding. Track does not show wear though.

bedides that the slide will not retract at the bottom completely. Top is fine,

I have synced the motors as taught by Lippert.

how do I get the bottom of the slide to come all the way in? Short about an inch of being all the way in.

is all the popping noise normal?

thanks!

2021 2500RL

Comment

Yarddroid
                    Welcome to our owners technical forum. Please see this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-at-the-bottom

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My guess the rivets that hold the lower block have gave out. Sounds like a problem that I had. There were updates to this design that the dealer had to install a complete new setup. Now it seems to work as it should. Also the original was not set squarely to the opening.
                      Attached Files
                      ???? Imagine 2500RL
                      See Custom 3D Printed Parts on eBay:
                      https://www.ebay.com/usr/frankl48044

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                        Yarddroid
                        Welcome to our owners technical forum. Please see this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-at-the-bottom

Rob
                        Thank you. That was helpful to read!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank L View Post
                          My guess the rivets that hold the lower block have gave out. Sounds like a problem that I had. There were updates to this design that the dealer had to install a complete new setup. Now it seems to work as it should. Also the original was not set squarely to the opening.
                          Thank you! I’ll check that.

Do you know if the slide has support rollers or does the Schwintec rails support the slide?

Comment

Originally posted by Yarddroid View Post

Thank you! I’ll check that.

Do you know if the slide has support rollers or does the Schwintec rails support the slide?
                            The rails are not supposed to carry the weight of the slide. There are either rollers or a glide bar (smaller slides) that provide that function.
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yarddroid

Earlier this year our slide started making more noises when retracting or extending, and even would slightly shake. After watching a YouTube video from MyRVWorks where he talks about the need for lubricating the slide and he acknowledges that the manual says not to but still says it's needed, I decided to lubricate our four rails. To be clear, I did not lubricate the teeth on the rails, just the channel above the teeth that the shoe rides in. After that though, the shaking stopped and the slide operates as it did when we got it.
                              2019 Imagine 2400BH
                              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The rails are not supposed to carry the weight of the slide. There are either rollers or a glide bar (smaller slides) that provide that function.
                                good to know! Our slide has the dinette and refer. I’m guessing 8’. So I’m assuming there are weight bearing rollers.

Comment

Working...
                                X