Slide does not retract all the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide does not retract all the way

Greetings all. As you can see my slide does not close all the way. I have been trying to research on how to realign the slide. I really don't want to hose this up anymore then it is. Is this something I can do myself or should I take it in??? 2020 Solitude 310GK Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220324_091515988_HDR (3).jpg
Views:	628
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	80535
    2020 SOLITUDE 310GK
    2016 GMC DURAMAX 6.6 TURBO

This is a hydraulic slide so there will be no "resyncing" like an electric slide (boogey woogey). If this has always been like this then you may need an adjustment on the underside of the slide. If it is just appearing I would think that something in the slide mechanism has come loose. A tech or dealer might be able to trouble shoot this better, hopefully someone here has done this before.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by kishman74 View Post
      Greetings all. As you can see my slide does not close all the way. I have been trying to research on how to realign the slide. I really don't want to hose this up anymore then it is. Is this something I can do myself or should I take it in??? 2020 Solitude 310GK Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220324_091515988_HDR (3).jpg
Views:	628
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	80535
      Lippert, the slide's OEM, has extensive information on their website. If you're willing to experiment, can deal with the learning curve, and have the tools (plus the ability to crawl under the camper countless times) adjusting the slide is doable. An experienced mobile technician could probably knock this out in no time at all (though you'll have to pay for the convenience).

Check out the material here: https://support.lci1.com/through-frame-selections/ (choose any of the hydraulic options)

Howard

P.S. Please follow-up with what fixes the issue please!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Humm....We'll be going to the GD rally in Ohio in May. I think or hopefully there will be a mobile tech there that can help out. Tks....
        2020 SOLITUDE 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by kishman74 View Post
          Humm....We'll be going to the GD rally in Ohio in May. I think or hopefully there will be a mobile tech there that can help out. Tks....
          I hope you do us the favor of stopping back and documenting what resolved the situation. The power of an owner's forum is the exchange of information.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I have a similar issue with my passenger side slide on the rear side. I did some research and found the attached manual. I haven't tackled this yet but it is on the list.

BTW, I just got a 2021 397TH.

Hope this helps!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dwayne View Post
              I have a similar issue with my passenger side slide on the rear side. ... BTW, I just got a 2021 397TH.
              The video by Lippert below may help, too. The title is "Electric Thru Frame" (vs hydraulic) but the adjustments are similar. A point to highlight is mark the beginning points is you do any adjustment so if the process goes wonky it can be set back to factory before starting again.

Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Comment

We just got back home. Went to the Ohio Rally and it was great. Many thanks to Jack and Mark (mobile GD techs) who were at the at the rally and worked on our trailer along with all the other trailers there. Worked on it for about 1/2 hr and got it all aligned and back into shape....Tks again for all the GD mobile techs who are out there making sure everything is in working order
                2020 SOLITUDE 310GK

Comment

Working...
                X