Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to identify which Schwintek slide motor and harness I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
    The pricing for the wiring harness is insane, especially if you just need a short run for testing purposes. If anyone could determine what connectors are used it would be great to be able to DIY a short pigtail. Several months ago I did some searching and found a Molex connector that looked similar but I could never find documentation that it was the same one as on the factory harness.

By the way, last summer I called Lippert regarding identifying the model motor in my Schwintek, and at the time they were recommending that if a motor went bad to not replace only one motor, but replacing both. They said pairing the motors were beneficial. I question this, but the good thing was they were offering two motors for the same price as one, and I'm thinking it was around $180.
    Well the price has gone up a lot $309.95 - see post # 11.

They responded to my second email. I asked who made them and they do not provide vendor information, so probably Taiwan or China - which means the look alike Amazon $71 may be made by the same folks. They are sending the wiring color coding question over to thier technical section for the answer.

If I get that information I will post it here.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
      The pricing for the wiring harness is insane, especially if you just need a short run for testing purposes. If anyone could determine what connectors are used it would be great to be able to DIY a short pigtail. Several months ago I did some searching and found a Molex connector that looked similar but I could never find documentation that it was the same one as on the factory harness.

By the way, last summer I called Lippert regarding identifying the model motor in my Schwintek, and at the time they were recommending that if a motor went bad to not replace only one motor, but replacing both. They said pairing the motors were beneficial. I question this, but the good thing was they were offering two motors for the same price as one, and I'm thinking it was around $180.
      There is no need to replace the motors in pairs IMO where my one replacement motor runs the same as the older one. Now, if you have years on both motors, this may be good to swap them both out. If they are offering two motors for $180, then I suspect these are the same motors that can be found on Amazon for $70.00.

I bit the bullet and purchased a harness and bought the 15ft model where if I had to do this again I would have gone with the longer model to replace the furthest harness should it ever become damaged. The 15' version will work inside the rig and across the floor for emergencies if a harness fails and a temporary solution is needed. I believe its good to have a spare motor, a harness and two slide locks. I use the slide locks to block the sliding barn doors for travel.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

There is no need to replace the motors in pairs IMO where my one replacement motor runs the same as the older one. Now, if you have years on both motors, this may be good to swap them both out. If they are offering two motors for $180, then I suspect these are the same motors that can be found on Amazon for $70.00.

I bit the bullet and purchased a harness and bought the 15ft model where if I had to do this again I would have gone with the longer model to replace the furthest harness should it ever become damaged. The 15' version will work inside the rig and across the floor for emergencies if a harness fails and a temporary solution is needed. I believe its good to have a spare motor, a harness and two slide locks. I use the slide locks to block the sliding barn doors for travel.

Jim
        I agree, the customer service rep at Lippert really could not give me a good reason either. At the time I thought I had a bad motor, and I was willing to pay to get two, replace my bad motor, and keep the other as a spare.

Turned out it was my harness which I was able to repair. Since the price has gone up makes me think I really should have gone ahead and bought the pair. And, I'm not surprised the price has gone up like everything else.

I hope someone buys the $70 Amazon motor and lets us know how it looks. It's hard to believe there is enough of these motors sold as a replacement that there would be another company making a knock off. Bet anything it's the same motor Lippert uses.

I know I could make a harness for a fraction of their price if I could get the connectors, but I don't think that's gonna happen.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
        X