Slide out open and soundproofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out open and soundproofing

Hi, When my three slides out are open in my 337RLS Reflection, it seems to me that the one of the room gives me much less soundproofing yet it seems to me completely open. Is it possible to give a little more opening manually with the crank to properly compress the seals and thus increase the soundproofing?
    Jean-Guy

Originally posted by JGPicard View Post
    Hi, When my three slides out are open in my 337RLS Reflection, it seems to me that the one of the room gives me much less soundproofing yet it seems to me completely open. Is it possible to give a little more opening manually with the crank to properly compress the seals and thus increase the soundproofing?
    Jean-Guy
    Can you post a few pictures of the interior seals with the slide open? Side shots showing the gap, if any, between the slide trim and the wall of the camper will help, too.

What year is your trailer?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

2020. There is only 1/4 inches between de gap and the wall, but it seems to be like that to get room for wires...My next step will be to check the outside top seal below the side topper to be sure it is not twist. Tomorow I will add a few pictures. Thank you for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by JGPicard View Post
        2020. There is only 1/4 inches between de gap and the wall, but it seems to be like that to get room for wires...My next step will be to check the outside top seal below the side topper to be sure it is not twist. Tomorow I will add a few pictures. Thank you for your answer
        What I witnessed a Grand Design technician doing (as he was checking my slide at the rally) was run his finger up the side of the trimj. What he was looking for was a difference between the top and bottom of the slide. In other words an angled slide.

Since it is a 2020, I'd advise not attempting any adjustment or work-around before discussing with your dealer or Grand Design Customer Service. Your dealer is, of course, your first contact. A visit to the dealership may allow you to peek at other Reflections to compare. Any of them will have similar seal mechanisms--the 303RLS, 315RLTS, 297RSTS...the seals are all the same on the slide.

I look forward to seeing the pictures! In the meantime, this post may help you visualize what you're seeing: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...=2794#post2794

I should hasten to add, though, that you may have the new, improved seal that is a bit different from my post. The bulb and wiper on the new seals are one assembly, but the inside and outside wiper seals are independent of each other. (The new seal is fantastic--wish I had it on my trailer!)

Edit: If "Picard" is your real name, I'm jealous! I'm a STTNG geek...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picard.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	8169
        Last edited by howson; 11-30-2019, 07:09 PM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you very much. I will continue my investigation and maintain you informed. And yes, Picard is my real name...

Comment

Working...
          X