2022 23LDE Slide Will Not Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 23LDE Slide Will Not Open

We just got home with our new 23LDE and we can get the slide to open. We’ve plugged into a 120 supply using an adapter. The fridge is running ok and the AC is running ok. When we try to open the slide it starts to move about 2 inches, then the front motor stops and the rear continues. We stop and retract and both front and rear retract to the closed position. Dealer is already closed. Thinking maybe a blown fuse or breaker but all appear ok. Reading through the owners manual and see it has a slide controller. Can’t find the controller. Does anyone have advise where the controller is?
    2022 Imagine XLS23LDE
    2022 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 High Country Duramax
    Hensley Arrow Hitch

Originally posted by Collin Ellis View Post
    We just got home with our new 23LDE and we can get the slide to open. We’ve plugged into a 120 supply using an adapter. The fridge is running ok and the AC is running ok. When we try to open the slide it starts to move about 2 inches, then the front motor stops and the rear continues. We stop and retract and both front and rear retract to the closed position. Dealer is already closed. Thinking maybe a blown fuse or breaker but all appear ok. Reading through the owners manual and see it has a slide controller. Can’t find the controller. Does anyone have advise where the controller is?
    Collin, in a rookie but it's late and not sure how many viable answers you'll get tonight so I'll take a shot.

I'm wondering if there's not enough juice (don't know the actual electrical term) coming from your home 120 supply. Can you shut off everything else on the trailer (particularly the AC) and then try it?

I wouldn't think there's a blown fuse or you wouldn't get any action at all.

Do you have a generator? If so, try connecting to the generator. My slide will operate off the 30amp outlet on the Gen.

From what I've read on these forums, the slide outs take quite a bit of power to get them running correctly. You may not have enough through the adapter and home plug.

Or I may be way off base. 😁
    Mike and Rebecca
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

Collin Ellis Try hooking up your trailer light cord to your truck, and start the truck. Then attempt the slide. If it is a Schwintek slide mechanism it is sensitive to low battery voltage. Depending on what type of AC adapter you are using, that may be causing problems with your converter, which takes the 120 volt AC power, converts it to 12 volts to power your low voltage system, and charge the battery(s). Also, make sure your battery cables are correctly tight. Slideout systems all run off of 12 volts, even the hydraulic ones. Your battery disconnect switch should be "on" (red key will not detach). If the key will come out, then it is off.

It sounds like from your description you have the in wall Schwintek system. If you have metal rails mounted horizontally top and bottom of your slide end walls (outside), then you have this system. Once you retract the slide, continue holding the button in for 4-5 seconds. Same for extending the slide. And do not start and stop motion. Once it starts moving, it needs to fully complete its motion without releasing the switch. This is like a "soft" reset of the controller. There are many posts on here of all sorts of problems with these mechanisms. Often due to sloppy assembly. The controller will not be in the slide itself but somewhere near to where the wiring harness enters the slide underneath. If you can't get phone help from your dealer, you can call Lippert directly at 574.537.8900. They can be very helpful on the phone with troubleshooting, and WILL talk to you, the customer. Eastern time zone, so if you are out west like I am, they are closed by the time I pull into camp. Good luck

Dave
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Check to make sure that the battery disconnect switch is pushed in and turned on, and the battery is fully charged. If the battery disconnect is off there are plenty of items in the RV that will NOT work. Attaching to shore power will allow all of those items to work thru the converter but the slide will not have enough power , it needs the power from the battery to operate as mentioned above.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

You ay need to resend the motors also. Retract the slide and continue to hold the button for 5-10 seconds. This is only applicable to the in wall side systems (the ones with the metal wavy groove tracks on the sides of the slide).
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Will have to take another look at it when I get home from work this afternoon. Did check the main disconnect and it was on. I will check the voltage from the house also. From reading about the 2 motors syncing requirements I have probably unsynced (is that a word) the slide motors. The front motor moves the slide out a couple of inches then stops but the rear motor continues to push. But when you reverse to close the slide both motors will pull the slide in. I did try to push the front of the slide out out while the out button was pushed but it wouldn’t budge. Didn’t want to damage anything. Did try the resyncing procedure by holding the button down for a few seconds after the slide was fully retracted but no change. System worked just fine at delivery. Another note. When we got home and plugged in we did notice the AC had been left on when the shore power was disconnected at the dealer. So when we connected power at home using a dog bone adapter (120volt to 30 amp adapter through a 20 ft 30 amp extension) the AC came on. Not sure if that changed anything. Will call the dealer today and see what they say. But confidence level not very high with the things that were just flat missed in pdi.
            2022 Imagine XLS23LDE
            Hensley Arrow Hitch

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Will have to take another look at it when I get home from work this afternoon. Did check the main disconnect and it was on. I will check the voltage from the house also. From reading about the 2 motors syncing requirements I have probably unsynced (is that a word) the slide motors. The front motor moves the slide out a couple of inches then stops but the rear motor continues to push. But when you reverse to close the slide both motors will pull the slide in. I did try to push the front of the slide out out while the out button was pushed but it wouldn’t budge. Didn’t want to damage anything. Did try the resyncing procedure by holding the button down for a few seconds after the slide was fully retracted but no change. System worked just fine at delivery. Another note. When we got home and plugged in we did notice the AC had been left on when the shore power was disconnected at the dealer. So when we connected power at home using a dog bone adapter (120volt to 30 amp adapter through a 20 ft 30 amp extension) the AC came on. Not sure if that changed anything. Will call the dealer today and see what they say. But confidence level not very high with the things that were just flat missed in pdi.
              The slide controller should be under the bathroom sink. Once you find it there are two LED lights that will blink and give you an error code (like 1-2 or 1-4 etc). That will be useful. There is also a process to manually drive the slide out from the controller as well. AC should not really affect anything, just turn it off.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

The slide controller should be under the bathroom sink. Once you find it there are two LED lights that will blink and give you an error code (like 1-2 or 1-4 etc). That will be useful. There is also a process to manually drive the slide out from the controller as well. AC should not really affect anything, just turn it off.
                Thanks Neil, will check this as soon as I get home.
                2022 Imagine XLS23LDE
                Hensley Arrow Hitch

Comment

Ok so found the problem. The seal on the forward upper track is dragging on the track. The seal is being pulled into the gear. See the picture. On the rear tracks there is about a 32nd gap between the track and seal. I’m just gonna trim a very small amount from the seal at the track location. Then work on getting the motors back in sink. Thanks everyone for y’all’s experienced knowledge.
                  2022 Imagine XLS23LDE
                  Hensley Arrow Hitch

Comment

Ok so found the problem. The seal on the forward upper track is dragging on the track. The seal is being pulled into the gear. See the picture. On the rear tracks there is about a 32nd gap between the track and seal. I’m just gonna trim a very small amount from the seal at the track location. Then work on getting the motors back in sink. Thanks everyone for y’all’s experienced knowledge.
                    Collin--just got back from the factory where the topic of Schwintek's was discussed at length. Keep an eye out for a post (from me or another moderator) with info on the slide. You'll definitely want to check the measurements that will be posted. (I literally just got home today, so hopefully by tomorrow the info will be posted.)

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                    X