Schwintek system motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintek system motor

This motor available on Amazon looks just like the OEM but sells for a lot less. Seems like I've seen it discussed before but no confirmation of it being an exact replacement or of it's quality. I still need to pick up a spare to carry with me and this looks like it could be a good buy.

https://www.amazon.com/236575-Wall-S...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

2020 Reflection 273MK
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Be sure the 300:1 ratio is the one you need and not a 500:1
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
      This motor available on Amazon looks just like the OEM but sells for a lot less. Seems like I've seen it discussed before but no confirmation of it being an exact replacement or of it's quality. I still need to pick up a spare to carry with me and this looks like it could be a good buy.

https://www.amazon.com/236575-Wall-S...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
      Its worth a try IMO. It may be good to install this motor and use the one in operation as the spare. This would provide a reasonable test in functionality.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Its worth a try IMO. It may be good to install this motor and use the one in operation as the spare. This would provide a reasonable test in functionality.

Jim
        I agree. If it were not such a pain to swap the motors out I would have tried it already. Also that would be a test to make sure the motor was good.

Maybe in the near future someone will make the test and let us know. I'm betting LCI is getting their motors from this same source.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Lonestar I agree the source is most likely the same. Also there may be a push to make the Schwintek a little bit more tolerable in all its weakness to keep it going if parts are inexpensive. Especially since a replacement is now available.

I've been stating for a long time that Lippert needed to improve the weaknesses of this system before their reputation is gone. Its now moving toward the endangered species list.

Jim

Comment

For sliders, there are only a coupe of systems. Through frame (either hydraulic or rack and pinion), In wall, or cabe. I've had the cable systems, not a fan of the cables.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X