Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Topper is loose when retracting

Hi,
    We have a 2021 Solitude 2930RL-R and the last 2-3 times we have retracted the bedroom/bathroom slide the slide cover seems to be slow in catching up with the slide itself. If we aren't careful and aren't using walkie-talkies we would have pinched and or rolled up the slide cover fabric inside the mechanism. We stop it and restart it or begin all over again.

Do any of you have a solution to this problem? A way to tighten up the slide cover *insert proper name of part here*. LOL!

Any assistance is appreciated!

Lisa and Mark Lier

Originally posted by lelier59@outlook.com View Post
    Hi,
    We have a 2021 Solitude 2930RL-R and the last 2-3 times we have retracted the bedroom/bathroom slide the slide cover seems to be slow in catching up with the slide itself. If we aren't careful and aren't using walkie-talkies we would have pinched and or rolled up the slide cover fabric inside the mechanism. We stop it and restart it or begin all over again.

Do any of you have a solution to this problem? A way to tighten up the slide cover *insert proper name of part here*. LOL!

Lisa and Mark Lier
    Slide toppers are a dealer installed accessory, so you would be at the mercy of whatever brand or model they installed (unless you installed them yourself). I would think there is a way to tension the roll similar to the awning, but the first step would be what brand you have.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by lelier59@outlook.com View Post
      Hi,

Lisa and Mark Lier
      Welcome to the forum! Noted that was your first post, so please take a moment to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I agree with Neil's assessment. I installed slide toppers on my 315RLTS and the instructions were very specific about how to properly pre-tension the fabric. The way your post reads too much was unwound during the initial installation. (That's just informed speculation, though.)

Getting the right tension is not easy. The spring tension must be pinned to keep it from unwinding (don't ask me how I now know this is an incredibly important step!), then the fabric disconnected from the trailer. Then the right amount of fabric is unwound, reinstalled back on the camper, and the pins released. IMHO not a job that an owner will typically want to tackle. (Unless you like hanging off a ladder yelling for help from neighbors. That happened to some person that shall remain anonymous....)

Again, welcome, and when you read in the Welcome Letter how you shouldn't use your email address for a forum name give myself or any moderator a shout and we'll shorten it for you. (Might require a password reset...but you don't want your email as your forum name.)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Our slide toppers were factory installed, all 5 of them....
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
        X