Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Schwintek advise.

Hi Everybody,
    Today our bedroom slide started to act up. It would only go out about 1 foot and then come back in 1 foot. It appears both motors were working but can't say for sure. I got on the forum and started going through a lot of the Schwintek slide posts to see if I could fix it. The code was 2 blinking greens and 8 blinking reds. I did the reset on the controller and poof, now it works. I ran it in and out several times with no issues. So, if it isn't broken do I fix it? Not sure where to start if it works but no telling when it will act up again. The bummer is I just left the Utah Grand Design Rally in Knab today where there were 3 Grand Design mobile techs. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else where it worked after reset and never acted up again.

Thanks,
    John
    John & Beata, Waterford, WI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat, Diesel, Crew Cab, Demco 21K Recon 5th Wheel Hitch
    1200 watts solar, Multiplus II, 4 BB batteries, Orion DC/DC charger

Am I reading this correctly that the slide moved out one foot then retracted one foot on its own? Or it stopped at one foot out and you retracted it?

From the code is looks like Motor 2 and an intermittent hall signal which is reported as a number 8

You can clear codes with a battery disconnect (or two quick switch pushes in one direction) then disconnect one of the motor plugs at the controller and briefly run the slide to determine which side attempts to operate. Look at the code to see which motor code is being reported and make note which side that is. Now you have the motors 1 and 2 identified.

The codes are listed in your manual or on the front of the controller.

Next do another battery reset (code clear) and check the wires on the motor where the fault was initially reported since you now know which is motor 1 and motor 2.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      Am I reading this correctly that the slide moved out one foot then retracted one foot on its own? Or it stopped at one foot out and you retracted it? I retracted it.

From the code is looks like Motor 2 and an intermittent hall signal which is reported as a number 8

You can clear codes with a battery disconnect (or two quick switch pushes in one direction) then disconnect one of the motor plugs at the controller and briefly run the slide to determine which side attempts to operate. Look at the code to see which motor code is being reported and make note which side that is. Now you have the motors 1 and 2 identified.

The codes are listed in your manual or on the front of the controller.

Next do another battery reset (code clear) and check the wires on the motor where the fault was initially reported since you now know which is motor 1 and motor 2.

Jim
      Thanks for the info Guest I will try your suggestions. I think it is most likely a wire issue.
      John & Beata, Waterford, WI
      2021 Reflection 337 RLS
      2017 Ford F350 Lariat, Diesel, Crew Cab, Demco 21K Recon 5th Wheel Hitch
      1200 watts solar, Multiplus II, 4 BB batteries, Orion DC/DC charger

Comment

Working...
      X