Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 399TH-R - Main Slide Super Sofa problem with less than a month of ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 399TH-R - Main Slide Super Sofa problem with less than a month of ownership

Good afternoon everybody! First Post here!

We just got our new RV last May 13th, spent the weekend close to the dealer and took it home, today we were loading things up for an upcoming vacation and the main slide started making clunk noises when it was moving out it ended opening crooked when we try to close it it was even worst now we can even close it all the way. I just called left a voice mail to customer service also emailed hopefully someone will help us... But anyways I wanted to ask you guys if there is something simple that can fix this problem is there anyway to sync all 4 corners ? Desperate here any help would be appreciated...

Thank you.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Ronald & Kelly
    2022 Momentum 399TH-R
    2022 RAM 3500 Cummins HO Mega cab Dually
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is this a Schwintek slide out, 2 rails on each end of the slide box on the outside, or a hydraulic slide?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Is this a Schwintek slide out, 2 rails on each end of the slide box on the outside, or a hydraulic slide?

Brian
      Thanks for the reply Brian, it is not a Schwintek only my closet slide in the bedroom is Schwintek, I am not very familiar with this RV just got it.. If those are the two options it must be Hydraulic

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Ronald & Kelly
      2022 Momentum 399TH-R
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

I was thinking hydraulic as well but wanted to be sure. I am not sure what the hydraulic slide mechanism looks like but someone here will be able to help you, being as we know now what type of slide.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          I was thinking hydraulic as well but wanted to be sure. I am not sure what the hydraulic slide mechanism looks like but someone here will be able to help you, being as we know now what type of slide.

Brian
          Thank you Brian!
          Ronald & Kelly
          2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

The through frame underfloor slide mechanism has a single drive unit (hydraulic ram) and a toothed rack and pinion arrangement to keep the two ends of the slide timed together. Since the slide moves in and out, the problem is not likely the hydraulic cylinder. The two pinion gears are on the outside of the frame rail and are connected with a square shaft. I suspect that something has come apart in this system that is supposed to keep the two ends of the slide moving together.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              The through frame underfloor slide mechanism has a single drive unit (hydraulic ram) and a toothed rack and pinion arrangement to keep the two ends of the slide timed together. Since the slide moves in and out, the problem is not likely the hydraulic cylinder. The two pinion gears are on the outside of the frame rail and are connected with a square shaft. I suspect that something has come apart in this system that is supposed to keep the two ends of the slide moving together.

Rob
              Thanks Rob, hopefully someone from Grand Design or the Dealer that sold me the unit will be able to help me get this solved tomorrow... We bought from this brand because everyone told us that it had great customer support, my previous RV was a Palomino Puma the worst company ever to get support.
              Ronald & Kelly
              2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

If you can get pictures of the underside mechanism, someone here may be able to help should the dealer give you a long lead time. This will also help you in the event this happens while traveling.

Hopefully the dealer will step up since you literally just left the lot with it.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  If you can get pictures of the underside mechanism, someone here may be able to help should the dealer give you a long lead time. This will also help you in the event this happens while traveling.

Hopefully the dealer will step up since you literally just left the lot with it.
                  Thanks Jlawles2, I am afraid of opening the slide again, last time it was a mission to close it and it dented the side of the RV it looks like 2 bolts pushed out the outer shell of the slide... I called Grandesign and they don't have anyone available in my area that can come out to look at it... I called all the mobile rv repair shops that have good reviews in my area and no one is available for at least a month... The dealer I bought it from can only take a look at it on Friday but if there is anything that needs to be replaced I wont be able to go on my vacation... Not sure what to do now... I don't think this is a simple adjustment and will most likely require parts.

I am also afraid that water will make its way inside the rv as I can see light on the top of the slide. In my opinion they did not do a good quality check on the unit when it left the factory, when I picked up the unit the fender flare of the main slide was way out of alignment I asked the tech that was doing the orientation and he told me that that was normal, now looking at this is the side that is not closing properly, the garage door (side door) is very hard to close you have to really slam it to close it, the led light bar on top of the garage ramp is coming apart, the finish on the side patio floor is pealing away, I had problems with the auto leveling system the first time I used the camper I had to spend over 4 hours trying to reset the system so I could lower the unit to hook up to my truck.. I am very disappointed with the experience.
                  Ronald & Kelly
                  2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

kirilauscas

This is unfortunate to learn. You are one more victim of a totally overwhelmed RV service industry . . . through no fault of your own. Hopefully your dealer will make some progress on Friday. This forum is a group of owners who take on some amazing repairs with the support of each other . . . in many cases because there are no viable RV service alternatives out there. If you chose to take on resolution of these problems on your own or with the help of others . . . post detailed pictures here and there will likely be a forum member who has already resolved a similar problem.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                      kirilauscas

This is unfortunate to learn. You are one more victim of a totally overwhelmed RV service industry . . . through no fault of your own. Hopefully your dealer will make some progress on Friday. This forum is a group of owners who take on some amazing repairs with the support of each other . . . in many cases because there are no viable RV service alternatives out there. If you chose to take on resolution of these problems on your own or with the help of others . . . post detailed pictures here and there will likely be a forum member who has already resolved a similar problem.

Rob
                      Thank you Rob,

I just don't want to start working on it and loose my warranty because of it.. The RV is less than a month old I should not been having these problems. :-(
                      Ronald & Kelly
                      2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

You should be able to get pictures of the rack components as they typically run parallel to the fame on the outside. It will be a bit dark and cramped under the slide, but you should be able to see the ends. Unless the bar connecting the gears is broken, the ends are of the most concern to those here whom may be of assistance. When you have a chance, look under and see what is visible.

You may be able to salvage the trip if the unit can be made functional and only has cosmetic issues to be addressed at a later date.

Unfortunately, we are all experiencing the delays in parts, inrush of demand, and general quality of work. I will say that the quality on the GD line is better than my previous 5er, and even then to quote a wise traveler, "a travel trailer is a rolling earthquake of magnitude 3.2 or larger....)
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

You should be able to get pictures of the rack components as they typically run parallel to the fame on the outside. It will be a bit dark and cramped under the slide, but you should be able to see the ends. Unless the bar connecting the gears is broken, the ends are of the most concern to those here whom may be of assistance. When you have a chance, look under and see what is visible.

You may be able to salvage the trip if the unit can be made functional and only has cosmetic issues to be addressed at a later date.

Unfortunately, we are all experiencing the delays in parts, inrush of demand, and general quality of work. I will say that the quality on the GD line is better than my previous 5er, and even then to quote a wise traveler, "a travel trailer is a rolling earthquake of magnitude 3.2 or larger....)
                          Thanks again Jlawles2,

Here are some pictures of the slide mechanism.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.18.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	87263 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.23.47.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	87264 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.24.00.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	87265 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.09.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	87266 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.23.24.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	87267 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.27.49.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	87268
                          Ronald & Kelly
                          2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

Here are a few more photos Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.54.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	87270 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.26.15.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	87271 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.27.57.jpg
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	87272 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.46.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	87273 Click image for larger version

ID:	87274 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.30.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	87275
                            Ronald & Kelly
                            2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

Originally posted by kirilauscas View Post

Here are a few more photos Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.54.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	87270 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.26.15.jpg
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	87271 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.27.57.jpg
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	87272 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.46.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	87273 Click image for larger version

ID:	87274 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.25.30.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	87275
                              6 more photos Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.28.11.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	87277 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.28.07.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	87278 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.29.01.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	87279 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.28.54.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	87280 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.28.41.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	87281 Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-09 09.28.33.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	87282
                              Ronald & Kelly
                              2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

Working...
                              X