Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 399TH-R - Main Slide Super Sofa problem with less than a month of ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

I totally understand your frustration as to how these things could ever even happen on a brand new unit. I bought mine when I retired in 2018 and have had structural issues, slide issues since we retired to start traveling fulltime. Every year I visit the factory in Indiana so can’t make my trip out the west coast in last 3 years. I am on first name basis with the team there. I will say, if you can get your RV there or they can send a transport to pick up and take it there for repairs, it is what I would do. I am also at the Lippert facility in Goshen on a yearly basis for suspension upgrades since mine failed and I did not trust it, now I do.

The only saving grace is that at least until now, GD has done their best to repair and make my RV better than built. Make sure you get customer service manager to respond. I am actually on the road now heading to the new service center in Elkhart for a slide issue.They will do an adjustment there as dealer was not able to. Just needs to be tweaked horizontally so my upper seal does not damage further. Lippert has also been more than willing to help, they are who provide the frame and slide out mechanism so might be good to call them as well.

Maybe next year will be the year I can finally do the west coast and Vancouver Island possibly Alaska. Good luck and let us know what and how GD responds.
    Thanks Vivian, I can't take it there and I already called their customer support number, they created a case number and told me to take to the dealer.

We placed the order back in September /2021 and picked up on May/2022 I still don't understand why they don't test the units before leaving the factory. To top it off the unit arrived with a damaged front cargo door it was smashed during transport we were told that the new door would be at the dealer April 26th and it would be installed before we picked up the unit, nothing yet the dealer has not received it...

I hope they get yours fixed and you can start your trip to the west coast soon. Good luck and have a safe trip!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Ronald & Kelly
    2022 Momentum 399TH-R
    2022 RAM 3500 Cummins HO Mega cab Dually
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Hi Ronald & Kelly,

There are dozens of delivery trucks going back to Indiana from Florida with nothing in tow . . . every day. You just have to get your situation known to the Factory Service Center folks. If you can get the message across that this trailer was never right from the start . . . this will help. You have the pictures to send to them.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Hi Ronald & Kelly,

There are dozens of delivery trucks going back to Indiana from Florida with nothing in tow . . . every day. You just have to get your situation known to the Factory Service Center folks. If you can get the message across that this trailer was never right from the start . . . this will help. You have the pictures to send to them.

Rob
        Thank you Rob, I hope I don't have to send it back to the factory, the local dealer still working on it hopefully they will be able to fix it.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Ronald & Kelly
        2022 Momentum 399TH-R
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Hello everyone,

I just got this email from the dealer... one week after dropping it off and they can't figure out the problem...

"Your slide room has caused a great deal of delay and discomfort. The Foreman, my tech, lippert tech support are confounded my this room is moving the way it is. Everything is being documented. LCI and Grand Design will help us get this right but there is a component in this puzzle with this room that we are all missing. There is a call Monday that is supposed to happen with LCI and my foreman that hopefully gets us on track. I am truly sorry this has become a process but there is something not square and because it cannot be seen by the naked eye it's creating the delay. "

I am truly disappointed with the quality control of Grand Design how can a unit with this type of problem leave the factory?

Have a great weekend everyone!
          Ronald & Kelly
          2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

Originally posted by kirilauscas View Post

Thank you Rob, I hope I don't have to send it back to the factory, the local dealer still working on it hopefully they will be able to fix it.
            Hi Ronald & Kelly,

Agreed that it should not be this way . . . but, given the chance, Grand Design will take care of this.

The people who have the expertise and any part they need . . . are at the factory service center. They fix stuff like this that baffles dealer service departments . . . every day. I have been there many times and I know what they can do. If you have the opportunity to get your trailer to this facility . . . do it!

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

LCI does have regional service vehicles. I would think they should be involved if the dealer cannot come up with a solution.

Although we havent had to take our trailer in for service (I have been able to repair the minor issues) we do have the luxury of being only 3 hrs from the GD service center in Indiana.

Somehow the jack bolt on our door side slide was missing and the slide was noticeably not square in the opening. I dont know if it fell out (seems unlikely due to the number of rotations it would have taken to fall out) or it was removed during a pre delivery adjustment. Either way I actually had the correct screw and replaced it then adjusted the slide following the LCI online training.
              My point is that something unseen like that apparently gets by even the best PDI's.
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Ronald & Kelly,

Agreed that it should not be this way . . . but, given the chance, Grand Design will take care of this.

The people who have the expertise and any part they need . . . are at the factory service center. They fix stuff like this that baffles dealer service departments . . . every day. I have been there many times and I know what they can do. If you have the opportunity to get your trailer to this facility . . . do it!

Rob
                Thanks Rob,

I guess I will have no choice if they can't figure it out... I am waiting on the outcome of the call today I have not yet heard back from the dealer... Hopefully tomorrow I will have more news...

Have a great night!
                Ronald & Kelly
                2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                  LCI does have regional service vehicles. I would think they should be involved if the dealer cannot come up with a solution.

Although we havent had to take our trailer in for service (I have been able to repair the minor issues) we do have the luxury of being only 3 hrs from the GD service center in Indiana.

Somehow the jack bolt on our door side slide was missing and the slide was noticeably not square in the opening. I dont know if it fell out (seems unlikely due to the number of rotations it would have taken to fall out) or it was removed during a pre delivery adjustment. Either way I actually had the correct screw and replaced it then adjusted the slide following the LCI online training.
                  My point is that something unseen like that apparently gets by even the best PDI's.
                  Thank you familytruckster4,

Good to know that they have regional service vehicles, I will ask the dealer tomorrow if they need to call LCI and ask for help.

I am 22 hours away from the GD service center.... More like 28 hours plus, towing the RV at 60mph

My unit looks like the problem is on the alignment of the tracks the welds either were not aligned from the factory or they broke.

Hoping for good news tomorrow.
                  Ronald & Kelly
                  2022 Momentum 399TH-R

Comment

Working...
                  X