2022 367BHS broken kitchen slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 367BHS broken kitchen slide

Hello! This is my first post, hopefully this is the correct place. We purchased a Reflection 367 BHS in July and took it out for 2 weeks. When we got home we noticed the floor of the kitchen slide is separating from the wall on the fridge side. It actually hangs down when the slide is pulled in. Has anyone had this happen? We have a service appt, but my husband is wondering if he should try to fix it himself. He is a general contractor and does home remodeling. We are worried about what the service dept will do as a "fix". Has anyone had this happen or something similar happen??

Comment

hello Ajersild -- you did well for your first posts! If you'd like to know more about this forum, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

If I'm seeing the pics right, it looks like the wood is "bent" under the refrigerator?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The floor under the fridge is actually pulling away from the wall. I have included another pic from inside the slide next to the fridge. And an outside pic where the plastic trim piece has actually cracked on the bottom of the slide on that side.

Comment

Ajersild Welcome to the family and the forum! I can't offer an intelligent comment or solution as I am not familiar with your floorplan and not sure how yours was built. However, I venture that someone with an intelligent comment will be along to offer something helpful.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Ajersild View Post
            Hello! This is my first post, hopefully this is the correct place. We purchased a Reflection 367 BHS in July and took it out for 2 weeks. When we got home we noticed the floor of the kitchen slide is separating from the wall on the fridge side. It actually hangs down when the slide is pulled in. Has anyone had this happen? We have a service appt, but my husband is wondering if he should try to fix it himself. He is a general contractor and does home remodeling. We are worried about what the service dept will do as a "fix". Has anyone had this happen or something similar happen??
            Only suggestion I have is to call GD Customer Service and register the issue and ask for their input on what the proper repair should be which will arm you with the information (along with the warranty claim already being on file at GD) when discussing with your dealership.

If this is truly a slide structural issue, I can't see an alternative to removing the slide for repair. This is (usually) only attempted by a repair facility with the proper equipment in place sheltered from the weather.

If you happen to live anywhere near Elkhart, Indiana, consider trying to get your unit repaired at GD's facility.

Please do the forum the favor of documenting what becomes of the unit's issue (the whole reason this owner-to-owner forum exists).

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X