Reflection Slide not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection Slide not working properly

We’ve been having issues with our leveling system on our 260RD.

Since day 1 we have had problems getting the slide to come in. Right after we bought it we called the dealer we bought it from and they said it’s just cuz it’s cold outside, but it’ll be fine after some use and warm weather. We used it that season for about 2 weeks. We took it to get warranty repairs and mentioned the slide. When we picked it up after having the work done we asked them what they had found and they told us it needed to be lubricated. Which they did, but also charged me for. We’ve the slide in a couple times this season and without someone pushing on the outside of the slide, it will hardly go in. Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

We have had some major issues with the levelling system and it trying to lift the tires right off the ground on one side and not putting the rear jacks down, or not putting both rear jacks down. Yesterday, after trying to level the trailer for about an hour and not having luck with that and struggling with the slide, we got looking underneath and it looks like the main frame is bent where the slide goes in and out. It’s been an issue since day one so we wonder if this hasn’t Been the problem all along. But I suspect this leveling system xxxxxx around all the time has made it worse over the few times we used it.

Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping to get some kind of frame warranty repairs but curious what others have found on this same problem.
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 08-09-2022, 01:35 PM.

Originally posted by jjbrown8411 View Post
    We’ve been having issues with our leveling system on our 260RD.

Since day 1 we have had problems getting the slide to come in. Right after we bought it we called the dealer we bought it from and they said it’s just cuz it’s cold outside, but it’ll be fine after some use and warm weather. We used it that season for about 2 weeks. We took it to get warranty repairs and mentioned the slide. When we picked it up after having the work done we asked them what they had found and they told us it needed to be lubricated. Which they did, but also charged me for. We’ve the slide in a couple times this season and without someone pushing on the outside of the slide, it will hardly go in. Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

We have had some major issues with the levelling system and it trying to lift the tires right off the ground on one side and not putting the rear jacks down, or not putting both rear jacks down. Yesterday, after trying to level the trailer for about an hour and not having luck with that and struggling with the slide, we got looking underneath and it looks like the main frame is bent where the slide goes in and out. It’s been an issue since day one so we wonder if this hasn’t Been the problem all along. But I suspect this leveling system dicking around all the time has made it worse over the few times we used it.

Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping to get some kind of frame warranty repairs but curious what others have found on this same problem.
    I would contact Grand Design Customer Service, have your VIN ready and also take some pictures of the frame and the slide mechanism. Lippert will more than likely be the ones for the frame issue but I would start with GD. Also send as much documentation that you have from your dealer , emails, work orders.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We have a 2021 GD Reflection 260 RD that we purchased new. We began having slide out issues almost immediately. It would come in or out with one side leading, so uneven. It would stop itself and we would jockey the switch in and out while someone pushed on the slow side of the slide. Then it developed a loud thunk noise.

After contacting GD while on the road, they sent a whole new lippert mechanism…rails, motors, etc. We found an rv repair company to come over and do the repair. We then had 2 or 3 good weeks of operation. Then it began all over again! We found out about a company called Vroom in Tucson. The owner of the Company had similar issues and designed a slide system to deal with it. It took 6 months to get an appointment. $3500 is the cost of the fix. When we contacted GD, they referred us to lippert. They already replaced it once, to no avail. It would seem GD would share the cost of the Vroom system to be installed and maybe start installing that system in their new rvs.

We also had to replace both landing gear jacks…again made by lippert. Both jacks quit working. I love everything about our GD, from the floor plan to the abundant storage, but I’ll not buy another rv with a lippert slide out or jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MarciP View Post
        We have a 2021 GD Reflection 260 RD that we purchased new. We began having slide out issues almost immediately. It would come in or out with one side leading, so uneven. It would stop itself and we would jockey the switch in and out while someone pushed on the slow side of the slide. Then it developed a loud thunk noise.

After contacting GD while on the road, they sent a whole new lippert mechanism…rails, motors, etc. We found an rv repair company to come over and do the repair. We then had 2 or 3 good weeks of operation. Then it began all over again! We found out about a company called Vroom in Tucson. The owner of the Company had similar issues and designed a slide system to deal with it. It took 6 months to get an appointment. $3500 is the cost of the fix. When we contacted GD, they referred us to lippert. They already replaced it once, to no avail. It would seem GD would share the cost of the Vroom system to be installed and maybe start installing that system in their new rvs.

We also had to replace both landing gear jacks…again made by lippert. Both jacks quit working. I love everything about our GD, from the floor plan to the abundant storage, but I’ll not buy another rv with a lippert slide out or jacks!
        That Vroom slide system is superb. As of last week, they quoted a new price of $4,500 and the wait list is now nine months! It would be great if they could install them on new RVs, but the Vroom slide inventor doesn't have the capability to manufacture them at the quantity needed for new production.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X