Manual slideout operation 2022 260RD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual slideout operation 2022 260RD

Anyone know the proper procedure for manually retracting my slideout? Just trying to know my camper, seems to me its better to know before you need it.

Originally posted by JSR260rd View Post
    Anyone know the proper procedure for manually retracting my slideout? Just trying to know my camper, seems to me its better to know before you need it.
    Welcome to the forum, be sure to checkout the welcome letter. It will give you lots of information about navigating the forum and help you setup your signature to help other members know what trailer you have. That really expedites getting the right information.

To answer your question, it looks like your 260rd has a Schwintek in wall slide. You can tell by looking at the walls of the slide room for the aluminum rails. This picture is not mine, I 'borrowed' it from a dealer's website (hopefully that's okay, but if not Mods please let me know. I am not affiliated with the dealer, it's the only picture I could find and I certainly don't want to take credit for the photo) Again, you can see the top and bottom rails on the slide wall
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8749_4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.6 KB ID:	92681

If you search online for Schwintek manual override, it will show you how to respond to when the controller is stopping the slide from moving, putting the system into override mode and allow you to retract it and get it in for servicing. I would personally tread lightly using override mode as the controller is stopping the system from moving for a reason....Also online you'll find resources for motor removal in the event a motor is not working at all. With the motor(s) removed, you can manually move the slide. Heads up, from what I hear, you'll need a couple of friends to help you move the slide, it's not light in weight...

Couple of closing thoughts. First, the schwintek system does not have the ability to move the slide room with a driver like other systems do. Meaning trying to do a manual movement of the slide is more involved. After doing some keyboard research, you'll see what I mean. Second, I would recommend watching the Schwintek overview videos from the Myrvworks YouTube channel here and here. I am not affiliated with him in any way, but those videos, and some of his others on that slide system, gives a good orientation on the system and how it's built, and troubleshooting.
    Last edited by StephenO; 08-16-2022, 08:30 PM.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Great advice from StephenO . We have a 260RD as well. There's not really a "manual override" in the sense you can use a tool to bring the slide in or out. To do so involves disconnecting both motors at the top of the slide mechanism, shoving the slide back into place, and then re- attaching there motors or securing the slide in some other way. Otherwise, it will side out whole you are driving.

Best suggestion to familiarize yourself is to check out the training material on Lippert's website - https://lippert.thinkific.com/
      In-Wall® Slide-Out | Lippert Customer Support (lci1.com)
      Mike and Rebecca
      2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
      2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

In an emergency, I was able to disconnect both control cables (not motors) from the control box, and with the help of 3 other guys manually push the slide back into the trailer. When doing this you have to be careful to move both sides of the slide together or the slide easily binds.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Might be worth putting marks on the gear tracks with numbers when manually pushing in the slide. Then if you have a couple of extra people to watch that would help keep them close or in time. Then when you get out of time, makes it easy to figure out which one to move.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
            In an emergency, I was able to disconnect both control cables (not motors) from the control box, and with the help of 3 other guys manually push the slide back into the trailer. When doing this you have to be careful to move both sides of the slide together or the slide easily binds.
            Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression the motors had to be disconnected before the slide could be moved manually. Maybe that just makes it easier.
            Mike and Rebecca
            2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
            2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

If the slide is out then it will be much easier to move with the motors unmounted. If the slide is in you can’t get to the motors, so you have to push it out far enough to get the motors off then go the rest of the way. That is my understanding but I have never had to do it. I suppose on some rigs it may be possible to remove the outside flange from the side to get to the Moyer when it’s retracted.

Comment

Working...
              X