312bhts Schwintek wire replacement help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312bhts Schwintek wire replacement help

I have a 2020 312bhts and one of the bunk house slide motors was not retracting properly. I talked with Grand Design and it was diagnosed as a bad wire. I purchased the new 25 ft wire and need to install. I want to pull the wire through the original path that begins at the controller in the outdoor kitchen under the grill drawer. Any tips on how to get to the motor side wire so I can pull through the new wire?
    Wes Barber
    Gardendale, AL
    2020 Reflection 312BHTS
    2017 Ford F-250 Lariat using Eaz Lift Recurve R6 #1200

wpbarber44

Only step I can suggest is to verify the repair before attempting to string the new wire. Connect the new wire and ensure it really will be the fix--then figure out how to route it as needed.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm with howson on this. I'd want to see the new cable work before going to all that work. How is the current cable routed, under the bunks or through the underbelly?
      2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
      X