Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out maintenance

Hello.

I'm looking for some recommendations on slide out lubricant (for gears and such) and rubber seal conditioner. My 2600RB has an electric through frame slide system. Any thoughts?

Ken
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6l Gas

Yes, don't use any lubricants.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

No lubricants on the gears or the rubber seals?
      Ken
      2022 Imagine 2600RB
      2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6l Gas

Comment

The seals that invert as the slide moves in and out need to drag a bit in order to invert.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The racks and pinions do not provide the power to move the slide. They just keep the two sides square to the opening and equally extended/retracted. Lippert says no lubricant, but keep them clean.
          2022 3100RD
          2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
          Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

QUOTE=kd2600RB;n93172]Hello.

I'm looking for some recommendations on slide out lubricant (for gears and such) and rubber seal conditioner. My 2600RB has an electric through frame slide system. Any thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Ken - see this thread with several posts with emphasis on Howards howson post #17. The gear pack on LCI electric though frame slides need cleaning (as they are exposed to road grime/etc.) and lubrication at points shared by LCI in their documentation:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ng-sound/page2

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

kd2600RB -- the responses you've received are by-the-book accurate. However...what I've seen used on noisy slide systems (even by GDRV techs in the field) is dry PTFE lubricant. As a wiser person here has stated before, what is seen in the manual was written by the designers, what's done in the field is done by those that have to maintain the systems.

For the seals--just keep them clean and, most importantly, ensure there's no debris on top of the slide prior to movement.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X