Hydraulic Slide Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Slide Issues

I have a 2020 398M, and ever since it was new, when I go to put out or bring in the slides, they operate for about 15 20 seconds and I get a "fault" on the display. I wait a second or two and push the button again and it goes for another 15 to 20 secs and faults again. They eventually fully deploy or retract, Its just an annoyance. Is the fault something I need to worry about is that "Normal" ? Anyone else have this issue?

Originally posted by TJG0971 View Post
    I have a 2020 398M, and ever since it was new, when I go to put out or bring in the slides, they operate for about 15 20 seconds and I get a "fault" on the display. I wait a second or two and push the button again and it goes for another 15 to 20 secs and faults again. They eventually fully deploy or retract, Its just an annoyance. Is the fault something I need to worry about is that "Normal" ? Anyone else have this issue?
    Not particularly helpful here but no, we have never seen that issue. Also, the two big slides in our 310GK don't take a lot more than about 20 seconds TOTAL to extend or retract BOTH of them, so why do yours take 40 seconds or more?

Hope someone who knows something shows up.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

I know very little about the hydraulic slides, but I'm reading Lippert's manual and the first troubleshooting step for your symptom is to check the battery voltage.

Are you running the slides with shore power connected and the converter on? If not, try that and see if you get the same fault.

You can get a copy of the manual for yourself here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001616.pdf
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Check out Changing Lanes latest video starting at the 24:00 mark! He talks about the circuit breaker in the hydraulic system.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat
          TJG.....there was a known issue with the hydraulic slides on most of the larger G.D. units because they put a 50A breaker inline to protect the hydraulic pump motor circuit. In actuality, when the pump motor is running (operating the hydraulics), it can be pulling closer to 65-70 amp and thus causing the breaker to trip.
          Good call! I'd forgotten about that breaker. It wasn't just a problem in the larger units - at least a handful of people with Solitude 310GK trailers had to upgrade theirs so we had the dealer do ours when the trailer was there for other issues.
          Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

We just picked up our 2020 395M last Saturday and when we got home to put main slide out using tht One Control panelgot the fault code after like 3-4 seconds. Eventually after starting and stopping 4 or 5 times we got it all the way out. Went to close it up today (week later) and same issue. We are hooked to shore power via dogbone. Even turned generator on and still got fault. Planning on calling customer service tomorrow.......ugh not what I want to deal with already!!!

Comment

Campoholics; We went through a similar scenario that effected both our jacks and our slides, only I wasn't smart enough to realize that the slides were also being impacted. We had a bad battery and a bad 50-amp thermal breaker. We were able to replace the battery but had to wait until we got into a more populated area to replace the breaker. In the interim, we bypassed the breaker and were able to operate our slides and jacks without an issue.

As a follow up, I replaced the thermal breaker with another 50-amp breaker. Based on recommendations in this third I plan replacing my new breaker with an 80-amp breaker before I have any more problems. If your existing breaker is 50-amp, you might want to consider doing the same. If it is already an 80-amp you might want to check the amperage draw on the hydraulic motor and make sure that it isn't too high.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Campoholics TJG0971

I had this very same issue on my new 2020 349M from day one. The slides would fault out repeatedly regardless of power source. What I found was the fuse setting in my OneControl panel was incorrect and needed to be changed. After updating that to the correct fuse value, it has worked perfectly since. It's a software setting within the display panel (no physical fuse change).

Let me see if I can find the information and I'll add it to this post.

Updated the digital fuse setting from 1 AMP to 5 AMP for the slides. You can download the "Lippert OneControl Programming" manual from the Lippert site. Section 7, pages 7-8 ("Multifunction Fuse Programming") walks you through it and I was able to update just the single fuse setting.
                Last edited by Craig Carter; 12-23-2019, 04:09 PM.
                2020 Momentum 349M
                2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
                U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Working...
                X