2023 Reflection 260RD change noticed. Now rack and pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Reflection 260RD change noticed. Now rack and pinion

I wonder if it possible to have the schwintek replaced with the rack and pinion assembly that they are now using on these campers? All the new 2023 models now come with the rack and pinion.

I recall hearing of a company in Arizona that offered to install a replacement slide out mechanical assembly. Supposed to be much better than the current offerings by the RV manufacturers. I don't know if Arizona is practical in your personal circumstances. You might search Google to find the name if this company. Sorry I cant be more specific.
    John & Cindy
    2019 303 RLS
    2018 F250

Comment

The replacement product is the Vroom slides. They are much heavier duty and work in the same space as the Schwintek system. I heard they are quite pricey.

We had ours replaced with a heavier duty Schwintek system under warranty, and no issues since. We have a 2021.
      2021 Reflection 260RD - 2008 Chevorlet Silverado 2500 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by mboudoin View Post
        I wonder if it possible to have the schwintek replaced with the rack and pinion assembly that they are now using on these campers? All the new 2023 models now come with the rack and pinion.
        The "rack and pinon" slide you mention is a Lippert Through Frame slide out assembly. GDRV is redesigning some RVs with larger slides to switch to through frame vs. Schwintek. Unfortunately, the change can not be installed on units that are already manufactured. Ray and John mention the Vroom slides that are sold in Tucson Arizona. They are a very robust upgrade to the existing Schwintek system.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X