No announcement yet.

I can't find the information I need about torquing my wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all for your help so far. I just tried a 13/16 and it's too small. I guess I need to try 15/16. Looking to see if I can find labels on the axle and / or find my serial number so that I can contact GD.

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
      And while you have the torque wrench out you may want to retorque your U-bolts
      This is something that needs to be done annually and I'll bet most owners don't do it. I was shocked at how loose the ubolts were on a previous 5th wheel when I went to change the axles. 10 years and I never checked the ubolts. They were probably in the range of 25 ft/lbs.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by debgary12 View Post
        Everything seems to be based on lug size, but I don't know how to know that either! Also, I don't know what size of socket to use. What I know is that I don't have a socket that fits it snugly. Do I need a special kind of socket?
        Pick up a 6 point socket set from Harbor Freight or equivalent, if you are using a 12 point socket they are always sloppy. It may not help if they have thin steel covers over the lug nut to keep them pretty, they will add to the sloppiness.
        Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
        In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
        Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Originally posted by debgary12 View Post
          Thanks all for your help so far. I just tried a 13/16 and it's too small. I guess I need to try 15/16. Looking to see if I can find labels on the axle and / or find my serial number so that I can contact GD.
          If the lug nuts have a chrome cap, they may be 1/16 larger hex. So 7/8 inch hex.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
          X