Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS sensors for 2023 GMC 2500HD

Hello,
    I am due to pick up a new 2023 GMC Sierra 2500 HD in a couple of weeks. When I spec'd the truck I ordered the ZL6 Pro Grade Trailering system which includes a TPMS function for the trailer wheels. I have heard that the factory wheel sensors do not necessarily fit all trailer wheels, that they are to thin in diameter. Does anyone know the valve stem hole diameter on the factory wheels or the brand of wheel that GD uses on the Lippert 4400# axle?
    Thanks,
    Brad
    BradF
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2023 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.6L Gas with B&W 3710

Originally posted by BradF View Post
    Hello,
    I am due to pick up a new 2023 GMC Sierra 2500 HD in a couple of weeks. When I spec'd the truck I ordered the ZL6 Pro Grade Trailering system which includes a TPMS function for the trailer wheels. I have heard that the factory wheel sensors do not necessarily fit all trailer wheels, that they are to thin in diameter. Does anyone know the valve stem hole diameter on the factory wheels or the brand of wheel that GD uses on the Lippert 4400# axle?
    Thanks,
    Brad
    The wheels are usually Lionshead. Use the Parts Lookup link on the Menu bar to search your specific GD trailer to find a reference.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the information. The wheels are Lionshead. I sent them an e-mail requesting the information,
      Brad
      BradF
      2016 Reflection 27RL

Comment

For what it's worth, I use the built in GM trailer TPMS with my rig. I ordered sensors off ebay based on recommendations from a GM truck forum I'm on. I hadn't even considered the valve stem width, but as I said the product I ordered was recommended directly from others who had them installed. I can DM a link if you would like. I love having the TTPMS built into the factory dash display; one less extra screen and the display itself is pretty nice with both pressure and temp. They also seemed very accurate as I double checked quite a bit the first couple trips after putting them in.
        David and Deana
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
        2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

I messed up by not buying that extra trailering feature on my truck. I thought I could save the $400 extra since the trailer already had a TPMS system installed. Unfortunately the system GD uses is junk and its sitting in the box on a shelf in my barn. I have an insider that checked and theres no way to add it to my 2021 Silverado. The added option changes the entertainment system in order to make the trailer sensors work.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

David and Deanna,
            The link would be great. We are looking forward to getting the truck soon. The plan is to wait to install the sensors until we get new tires installed next spring.
            Thanks so much.
            BradF
            2016 Reflection 27RL

Comment

I installed the trailer TPMS sensors that came with my 2022 F350. The info with those sensors says “only compatible with wheels having a 0.452” (11.48 mm) diameter valve stem hole” . . . and these fit the Lionshead wheels on my 2015 Reflection. You could contact Lionshead to learn if they still use this diameter valve stem (which is quite likely).

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

WondersAwait Hi, would you mind sending me an eBay link for the TPMS sensors you got off eBay? It gets a little confusing as to the actual item to purchase as there are several different GM part #s for them now- 86803857, 85110397 etc. Thanks so much.
                Brad
                BradF
                2016 Reflection 27RL

Comment

You may want to try TecnoRV on youtube they usually have discount codes on the TPMS items
                  Dave and Sue
                  2020 GD 2250RK
                  2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                  Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                  GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                  SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by BradF View Post
                    WondersAwait Hi, would you mind sending me an eBay link for the TPMS sensors you got off eBay? It gets a little confusing as to the actual item to purchase as there are several different GM part #s for them now- 86803857, 85110397 etc. Thanks so much.
                    Brad
                    Sorry, didn't see your first request since it didn't have a tag.

The part number I ordered was 84338125. If I remember right you just need to make sure it's a 433hz wireless signal so that you can sync them. I've read some of the trucks and sensors have issues with syncing using the pressure release routine, and those will usually use a handheld programmer to sync up. If you have a tire shop mount them for you they probably have the sync tool already, but if not I think it's like $20 on Amazon.
                    David and Deana
                    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
                    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

FWIW . . . the sensor sync tool is definitely $20 well spent. Way easier than the process of pressure release and then refillling the tire.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Schiefswret WondersAwait BradF thanks very much. I think the sensor tool is a good idea. My experience with WI-fi and Bluetooth is that eventually, for whatever reason the components need to be reconnected.
                        Brad
                        BradF
                        2016 Reflection 27RL

Comment

Well, I went and ordered a new truck with the trailering app and the sensors. Finally I will have a functioning TPMS system for my trailer. Now I just have to get GM to actually build my truck

Comment

familytruckster4 We ordered our 2023 GMC 2500 HD on Sept 2 and the truck arrived at the dealer on Dec 29. Not sure if that is good or bad, but worked out fine for me. Regarding the TPMS sensors, I had mine installed by the tire shop last week and they work great! Note that I purchased the sensor tool from Amazon for $9.95, it took about 2 minutes total to program them to the truck.
                            If you are going add the back up camera you might want to check GM's build sheet cost for the Auxiliary Trailer Camera, the after build cost from GM dealers is $695.00. I purchased the camera from the dealer but have yet to install on my trailer. Seems like anything you can add to the factory build sheet is less costly than after the factory build.
                            Congrats on the new truck!
                            Brad
                            BradF
                            2016 Reflection 27RL

Comment

No plans for any other cameras. I have had the sensor tool for a while so all I am waiting on is a truck
                              In todays America 4 months is good for an HD truck. The plant in Flint is 3 shifts with plenty of O.T. and they still cant build them fast enough. I ordered my 24 a couple weeks ago and its looking like July before I get it. I am in no hurry.

Comment

Working...
                              X