Suspension Inspection - Six Years/25,000+ Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Everyone
    Now to decide is this a DIY and get a new too or tools (jack stands,etc) l or let the trailer shop do the install. I guess the first thing is to get the custom axles and springs ordered (about 4 to 6 week delivery or more). Then get an install price if I remember correctly is about 6 hours at 125/hr. I think I can do it though.

More to come
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
      I think I can do it though.
      You absolutely can do it.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Yoda Back at borrowing Keith's credit card: https://www.eautotools.com/product-p...shoppingengine

Keep you eye open for free shipping from any vendor. You will want that jack to pick up the new truck and those stands are 3 ton each. One should hold up the front of the truck (we won't discuss how such things are known).
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just had to add a shot of my RV at the Lippert service center and how they support it. This would scare me but they do it all day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EEB97BB2-12B7-4FD0-B705-5054AF0B0F03.png
Views:	362
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	102498
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

Beachcamper

Yikes ! But I have seen similar “support plans” at multiple RV Rally Service activities.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

[QUOTE=Beachcamper;n102497]Just had to add a shot of my RV at the Lippert service center and how they support it. This would scare me but they do it all day.

/QUOTE]

Vivian - how did LCI support/jack the front of your 303 ?

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
                Just had to add a shot of my RV at the Lippert service center and how they support it. This would scare me but they do it all day.

Name:	EEB97BB2-12B7-4FD0-B705-5054AF0B0F03.png
Views:	362
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	102498
                Wow. I would have taken a picture of that as well. IMO, you can get new hires happy to have a job, do things more unsafe than I will do things.
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

It's hard to see in the picture, but it appears they put a jackstand about 1' or so from the front jacks? Truthfully it's not a bad support system, but being a service center that does things like this, I would have imagined better thought / supports vs off the shelf stands on the last setting.

Something similar to https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/g...hoCWI8QAvD_BwE but taller. Even "shop built" stands without adjustment and proper sized bases would look better.

These are better, but I would still want to minimize the stick out of the inner: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

[QUOTE=Canyonlight;n102526]
                    Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

/QUOTE]

Vivian - how did LCI support/jack the front of your 303 ?

Dan
                    The front jacks were down they had also stands behind them and and mind you, they were welding spans of 2 x 2, a new hanger and new V Clips so it was a huge job. Plus new equalizer, u bolts and wet bolts.

This is the Lippert center in Goshen Indiana that does all the suspension work. Techs are professional

Name:	959CB959-FFA1-4868-80D6-BA596754F883.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	102542
                    Last edited by Beachcamper; 01-05-2023, 02:30 PM.
                    Vivian
                    2018 Reflection 303rls
                    Demco Recon

Comment

I was at Morryde to install their pin box after leaving Lippert and basically jack stands as well. Not liking my pin box finish lots of rust and it’s not even 3 months old. Like their powder coating job was not done correctly.
                      Last edited by Beachcamper; 01-05-2023, 02:33 PM.
                      Vivian
                      2018 Reflection 303rls
                      Demco Recon

Comment

Updated post to new one number 27.....user error here !

Dan
                        Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-05-2023, 05:24 PM.
                        Dan & Carol

Comment

[QUOTE=Beachcamper;n102536]
                          Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

The front jacks were down they had also stands behind them and and mind you, they were welding spans of 2 x 2, a new hanger and new V Clips so it was a huge job. Plus new equalizer, u bolts and wet bolts.

This is the Lippert center in Goshen Indiana that does all the suspension work. Techs are professional

Click image for larger version  Name:	959CB959-FFA1-4868-80D6-BA596754F883.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	102542
                          Thank you....kinda thought that is what they did. I always wondered how LCI jacked and supported our 303 in 2018 when we add the 2" tubes added to the frame along with new 6K axles/springs, equalizers, shackles, etc., and new 16" tires and wheels. Glad our camper was empty and I wasn't there to see it !

Dan​
                          Dan & Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                            Yoda Back at borrowing Keith's credit card: https://www.eautotools.com/product-p...shoppingengine

Keep you eye open for free shipping from any vendor. You will want that jack to pick up the new truck and those stands are 3 ton each. One should hold up the front of the truck (we won't discuss how such things are known).
                            Tractor supply is local and carries these
                            https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...on-jack-stands
                            https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...ng-jack-stands

Is double locking better and is 3 ton enough - they have 6 ton and higher rated too
                            https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/jack-stands

Keith
                            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Tractor supply is local and carries these
                              https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...on-jack-stands
                              https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...ng-jack-stands

Is double locking better and is 3 ton enough - they have 6 ton and higher rated too
                              https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/jack-stands

Keith
                              But you wanted a new jack for the truck I thought. I have had the OTC combo for several years and use it for many more things that we can discuss without the OSHA GODS from dying and rolling over in their graves fast enough to power a small country. I can honestly say it has gotten me both into and out of trouble more times than I care to discuss. It's done everything from help change tires, to being a torzue multiplier for breaking caliper brackets loose where I could not get an impact on the bolt.

We will not discuss using a jackstand upside down against the spare to lift the rear of the truck to "unsprung" the rear leaf springs.....
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

But you wanted a new jack for the truck I thought. I have had the OTC combo for several years and use it for many more things that we can discuss without the OSHA GODS from dying and rolling over in their graves fast enough to power a small country. I can honestly say it has gotten me both into and out of trouble more times than I care to discuss. It's done everything from help change tires, to being a torzue multiplier for breaking caliper brackets loose where I could not get an impact on the bolt.

We will not discuss using a jackstand upside down against the spare to lift the rear of the truck to "unsprung" the rear leaf springs.....
                                I have a good extended range 10 ton bottle jack with attachments for the truck and trailer, and a small 2 ton floor jack, but now you have me thinking - to set the axles wont I need a floor jack on both ends?

Comment

Working...
                                X