Replace These Brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Of course . . . In line with the sub-purpose of this forum (spending other people’s money) . . .
    Rob
    I thought the sub purpose of this forum was to get Keith to buy every tool ever devised.....I think you're halfway there...lol

Sorry Yoda....

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Yoda I vote Keith gets a brake lathe. https://www.ebay.com/itm/18561717906...RoCvTAQAvD_BwE

closer: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/t...572011212.html
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        He recommended that I clean and lubricate the components where applicable and verify that the magnet arm is moving correctly and returning with the spring pressure.
        Jim
        When lubricating, don't use plain old chassis grease. Use this
        https://www.permatex.com/products/lu...-oz/?radius=25

or similar product.

It makes a big difference. With the heat brakes generate, regular grease will be gone in no time.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

I recently had an extensive brake component failure that damaged both the brake shoe area as well as the vertical surface of the drum where the magnet makes contact. In the area of the country I live in, it was no problem having the drums turned to restore the area that the shoes ride on, but there were were no shops that had equipment that could turn and restore the vertical surface of the drum. Is that uncommon?
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy

You two must have been into the good stuff yesterday . I used a metal lathe once in high school.....lets just say they put me on the wood one pretty quickly - something about tool breakage. I just did not have the touch. I think I got a B in the class, but I think the teacher took pity on me. The turned napkin holder I made quickly disappeared from view at home.

And you folks have already caused me great pain in the new tools I now have, but I will admit they do make life easier sometimes.

So no I wont be turning your drums anytime soon

Have fun folks.......you have caused enough grief in my considering getting the ball joint press and installing my own axles that I need to get ordered...Ugggggg

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X