Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear-bumper mounted spare tire too close to furnace exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SteveMessinger

The spare was under the trailer when it came from the factory. The pic below is from a YouTube video (2022 17MKE). https://youtu.be/2rdKOcY_1oY

Click image for larger version

Name:	17MKE.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	102999
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMessinger View Post

I have looked and don't see anything on the bottom that could be mounting hardware or winch hardware. I really don't think the spare was ever mounted on the bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230112_101658.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	102995

Thanks

Steve
      Perhaps forward of the axles?

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

You may need to contact Grand Desing Customer Service, have your VIN ready and ask if your exact RV came with the spare tire mounted on the bumper or underneath. I am thinking that there may be some of these that were on the bumper and some underneath. The build date could be such that the supply chain was being very hit and miss. Lots of RV's in the past 2 years have had this happen.

You will also want to ask about getting the RV in your name if you have not done this already. GD needs this information for any future recall or similar so they can get in touch with the correct owner.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Perhaps forward of the axles?

Rob
          That's what the pic shows, Rob. Just inside of the entry steps. The only evidence the OP may find is a patch or small hole in the coroplast.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

That's what the pic shows, Rob. Just inside of the entry steps. The only evidence the OP may find is a patch or small hole in the coroplast.
            There will also be the lift mechanism coming through the frame rail on one side or the other.

Rob

Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yeah, sorry I didn't see this earlier, but Howson has the answer above. The 17MKE came from the factory with the spare under the belly, forward of the axles and the crank access is found in the slide on the driver's side. It seems to me the previous owner did not like it there or it got damaged there so he moved it.

Here's a shot of the rear of the trailer when picked up:

Here's a side shot showing the tire under the trailer and the access hole for cranking:

If it were me, I would investigate the original mount to ensure it's working and then relocate the tire back where it belongs. I would not want it mounted behind the furnace exhaust.
              Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Paul & Deb Paul is that on the 17 or the 22? The pictures I saw of a 17 showed what appeared to be the lowering hole between the curb side tire and the entry door.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X