Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrangler DuraTrac Tires (2023 Grand Design Imagine AIM 16ML)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrangler DuraTrac Tires (2023 Grand Design Imagine AIM 16ML)

I have a 2023 AIM 16ML and am looking to replace the factory installed Westlake tires. I’m needing to know if these specific Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires (see picture) would be compatible with my AIM 16ML. Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine AIM 16ML

Well, it's a truck tire. Load range E1. It'll do the job. I'm assuming you have done the whole ST vs LT thing and decided on going with LT tires? It's a pretty good choice if you like to get WAY off the beaten path.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

After reading this thread just wondering what the difference would be between a truck LT tire and a trailer tire?

Comment

Randy Zahn See this thread Tow Star vs.Goodyear Endurance tires or other brands to consider - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)​, same question was asked in post 23.

Kerbar97

Lots of manufacturers have been offering this type of off road tires for there single and even double axle trailers. I am guessing that they are LT tires but can not confirm that. I would think that if you stay with close to the same size so you do not have any rub on the bottom of the RV floor then you should be fine.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Kerbar97 View Post
          I have a 2023 AIM 16ML and am looking to replace the factory installed Westlake tires. I’m needing to know if these specific Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires (see picture) would be compatible with my AIM 16ML. Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
          Your fuel economy will suffer greatly as well as not being a dedicated trailer tire with all the benefits of being a trailer tire.

Aside from looking cool for going off road, is there a reason you would choose this tire? Also there is not much leeway in how much space you have from the top of the tire to the floor. Even more critical if going off road.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Zahn View Post
            After reading this thread just wondering what the difference would be between a truck LT tire and a trailer tire?
            It's kind of like what oil is the best for my truck threads. Lots of opinions, lots of real life experiences...eventually you end up deciding on your own what works best for you.

For me, I go with ST. GY Endurance have been good to me.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Hi Kerbar97 - I just purchased a 16ML after going to the Tampa RV Show

I got the larger tires with the AIM Package as an option so I am not sure.
              What tow vehicle are you using if you do not mind answering? I am now looking for a new vehicle for longer travels......

Comment

Working...
              X