Do Dexter Axles have Zerk Fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Dexter Axles have Zerk Fittings?

Would my new imagine 2250rk with dexter axles have zerk fittings?
    Last edited by howson; 01-31-2020, 08:18 AM. Reason: Hank--I restored your post. Not sure how (or why) it was deleted. If ?? please send me a PM. -Moderator Howard

Originally posted by Hank H. View Post
    Would my new imagine 2250rk with dexter axles have zerk fittings?
    Hank,
    On the menu bar there's a link to the Grand Design parts lookup website (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup). When your trailer is selected from the options and Chassis/Frame/Axle is selected the very first part shown is the axle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Axle.JPG
Views:	520
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	10536

On the Dexter you'll have zerks to lube the bushings where the shackle bolts are shown in the diagram below.

Name:	zerks.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	10537

You may also have an "E-Z Lube" fitting on the end of the spindle for the wheel bearing. I've read many, many cautions about NOT using that zerk.

I'm far from an expert on this topic, so the truly knowledgeable will be along soon to add to what I've posted.

I've also attached Dexter's manual for you. Dexter 600-8,000lbs Axle Operat - Dexter.pdf

Finally, if you plan on lubricating the suspension yourself this is very helpful little device:

Name:	LockNLube.JPG
Views:	583
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	10539

Note I've moved this thread to the Suspension, Brakes and Tires channel.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Our old trailer had Dexrer E-Z lube axles on it and the Imagine has the Lippert version. I re-pack my bearings every other year, on the off years I use the grease fittings AS DIRECTED and have never had a problem.
      2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Got it! Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X