Morryde SRE 3000 IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morryde SRE 3000 IS

Has anyone put the Morryde SRE 3000 IS on a Reflection 303RLS? Is so was it an easy do it yourself job or is it necessary to have a dealer do the install?

Originally posted by GD2018 View Post
    Has anyone put the Morryde SRE 3000 IS on a Reflection 303RLS? Is so was it an easy do it yourself job or is it necessary to have a dealer do the install?
    Cate&Rob knows a lot about the suspension on these units and he has a 303RLS. I don't see him online at the moment but he'll be along soon.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by GD2018 View Post
      There is a MORryde SRE4000 (4” of total travel ie +/- 2”) and a CRE3000 (3” of total travel ie +/- 1.5”). I do not believe there is a SRE3000 unit and both of these would not be IS (Independent suspension) but rather an add on damping system for leaf spring systems. I will do a write up on my Imagine which would install the same. Rob would have some input on the Reflection.

Comment

All of the "Cushioned Center Equalizer" systems work the same way. MORryde has data that their's is better. . . Dexter has data that their's is better . . . LCI has data that their's is better.

My early build Reflection 303 was built with the LCI system and I have stayed with it. (I have replaced the OE LCI equalizers with new LCI equalizers). A cushioned equalizer is definitely better than a solid equalizer. I don't know how to objectively evaluate MORryde vs Dexter vs LCI . . . without an extensive engineering test program. (Actually . . . I do know how to do that, but that is a whole other discussion )

My "2 cents worth" is that I would not replace any cushioned equalizer with any other cushioned equalizer, based on marketing hype. They all perform the same function.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I replaced the Lippert system in my 28bh with the MORryde SRE4000 mainly to get a bit more height, so I could keep the pin higher and give me more clearance. Would I say it tows any better than with the Lippert, hard to say as I thought it towed pretty well beforehand. It certainly is not any worse. I gained about and inch and a half, which is what I was looking for.

As far as installation, if you are mechanically inclined and familiar with basic hand tools I would think you would have no trouble. I did it with a buddy, and with a couple floor jacks had no trouble. We upgraded to their shackles at the same time, so was all new hardware going together.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Lippert makes a variety of damped equalizers where there have been cases of the EquaFlex version in failure. Not the rubber portion that is a wear item but on the metal rocker at the bottom of the unit. If I were starting from scratch from a solid equalizer, I would personally choose MORryde over the Equaflex model.

For damping comparisons, Robs suggestion of an engineering analysis would be needed where the advertised results can be tailored to each models advantage. Rob, you know all to well how the auto industry plays this game.

Jim

Comment

Thanks to all for your input.

Comment

Working...
              X