Repacking Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third on the R&T
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Fourth on the Lucas R&T.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Never used red n tacky. I usually use amzoil synthetic NLGI#2. Which is also red. But any nlgi#2 grease is good. Just don't mix differing greases.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Honestly, as long as its a #2 high heat/EP lithium complex youre good to go.

R&T is a good grease thats available nationwide at many retailers. If I run out I can get it everywhere.

Comment

When I did mine last spring, I just took one into NAPA and the matched it up. I went with National duo lip. Most axles use the same hubs and bearings. I know its nice to have parts on hand before you start, but so many times i order the wrong parts :(
            "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
            2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
            2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
            2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

I have the same axles on my 2600 as Remie. Manufactured two days earlier than his. I would also like to go with the Timken bearings, races & seals. Sounds like Yoda didn’t find a cross reference from Timken?
              Jim & Kathy
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
              trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Kathy&Jim_Imagine

There should be Timken equivalents. But . . . don’t assume that the Timken name means “made in America”. Used to be that way, but not anymore. If the bearings you have are well seated and showing no signs of distress . . . stay with what’s working. (in my opinion).

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                  Kathy&Jim_Imagine

There should be Timken equivalents. But . . . don’t assume that the Timken name means “made in America”. Used to be that way, but not anymore. If the bearings you have are well seated and showing no signs of distress . . . stay with what’s working. (in my opinion).

Rob
                  Your advice is solid, I chose the devil I know vs the devil I dont know.
                  I agree on the Timkens, they arent what they used to be. I moved on to other brand(s)

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy&Jim_Imagine View Post
                    I have the same axles on my 2600 as Remie. Manufactured two days earlier than his. I would also like to go with the Timken bearings, races & seals. Sounds like Yoda didn’t find a cross reference from Timken?
                    I know I posted this somewhere, but its good to do it again. (I could not find it either)

First get you build sheet from Dexter, but assuming nothing has changed on the 4400lb axles
                    Bearing 1 Dexter 031-032-02 crosses to cup LM67010, cone LM67048 - Timken SET6
                    Bearing 2 Dexter 031-033-02 crosses to cup L68111, cone L68149 - Timken SET17
                    Seal Dexter 010-019-00 - Timken 473336

Dexter parts break downs
                    https://www.dexteraxle.com/product/2603/69/bearing-kit This is where I got the separate bearing part numbers. They can be also fond under the separate bearings.

Timken cross over - look in the details However some cross overs are incorrect directing you to set 13 which has an incorrect cup withe correct cone, so pay attention
                    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tmk-set17
                    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tmk-set6

Try and find USA made sets. Amazon is not. When I got mine for Summit they were USA made - stamped on the box.
                    Also note bearings must be replaced as a set (cone and cup).

Keith
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

As Yoda points out "identify parts you must"

Comment

Working...
                      X