Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spare tire winch identification requested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire winch identification requested.

This metal disk cracked in half and I need to replace it on my 2018 303rls. Looked at parts look up and also emailed GD but no luck with part number. Lippert needs it to place an order. Will have to carry spare in my truck until it gets fixed, plate is cheap metal.

Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Beachcamper
    The 2018 parts lookup shows the spare tire lift as GDRV PN 150008. Same as my 2015 spare tire lift. (I added a second one of these so that I can carry two spare tires. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-trailer-tires) Agreed that some parts of the tire lift are die cast zinc/aluminum and caution has to be used to not over tighten the tire against the underbody.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Beachcamper
      The 2018 parts lookup shows the spare tire lift as GDRV PN 150008. Same as my 2015 spare tire lift. (I added a second one of these so that I can carry two spare tires. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-trailer-tires) Agreed that some parts of the tire lift are die cast zinc/aluminum and caution has to be used to not over tighten the tire against the underbody.

Rob
      Rob, I saw that one but it does not have that metal disk so did not think it is the same. I just want to order the disk piece not the entire assembly. Looking at my picture, I wonder if I could even install an entire thing? How difficult was yours to install?

Vivian
      Vivian
      2018 Reflection 303rls
      Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

Rob, I saw that one but it does not have that metal disk so did not think it is the same. I just want to order the disk piece not the entire assembly. Looking at my picture, I wonder if I could even install an entire thing? How difficult was yours to install?

Vivian
        Hi Vivian,

I doubt that you would be able to buy (or install) sub-components of the lift assembly.

The entire assembly is held in place by two bolts directly over the cable winding drum. These are a little bit difficult because they are bolts with loose nuts on the upper side of the frame that have to be held with a wrench while removing/installing the bolt from below. This is further complicated because the holes are on the centreline of the frame rail which puts one of the bolts directly over the drive rod. This hole in the winder bracket is slotted so that once you loosen the bolt slightly, you can slide the winder a little to one side, to get this bolt out. See pg 3 of the attachment to post 1 in the linked thread.

The drive rod that extends through the frame rail hole has no additional fasteners. This would be easiest to remove/replace with the coroplast dropped, but should also be possible by opening up the cross-cut hole where the cable comes through the underbelly and then taping this enlarged opening closed.

Rob
        Last edited by Cate&Rob; 01-20-2020, 09:12 AM.
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Ugh! Sounds like an all day project. 😞 thank you so much for taking the time to explain the process Rob.
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Demco Recon

Comment

Here is an interesting twist on the metal disk. GD finally gave me a part number but Lippert said it is not their number. They had me send pictures I posted because I told them all the winches I saw online in their website and on E Trailer site did not have that disk. They said that disk is probably road debris that got caught in there! I need to check the winch again remove tire and make sure all is working well and cracks in assembly. More later .....
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Demco Recon

Comment

I went under RV today to get to the bottom of this mystery. The disk is not road debris that got caught in the assembly, it is an inner piece that serves to separate cable from gear teeth. Cable was frayed when I was able to remove it completely and see inside the assembly. Rob, you are not kidding about difficulty in getting to nuts above channel to remove bolts. Glad I found this while on my winter site in Florida vs on the road this summer traveling 😳

Click image for larger version  Name:	6ED4F00A-34D2-45AC-BD7C-B826570177A2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	11012Click image for larger version  Name:	BA481FFD-4176-4C47-9D81-B0FD27AF2EDD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	11013
              Vivian
              2018 Reflection 303rls
              Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
                They said that disk is probably road debris that got caught in there! .
                I have no words (that I can post here) to express my opinion on that statement .

Rob

Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                  I have no words (that I can post here) to express my opinion on that statement .

Rob
                  I have words to express my opinion but I too cannot express on here to post. Good thing I checked it out and not trust Lippert for the response about it just being road debris. They are however very helpful and do try to answer questions and get back to me very quickly. Their customer service has been very good but their products are not of the best quality, at least those parts that GD chose to use on this trailer.

Rob, I read your previous post where you added 2 carriers side to side. Very helpful, thank you :-) Did you have to torque the bolts holding up the winch? If so, what was that? I see they are using 5/16" bolt and nuts from the specs.

Vivian
                  Vivian
                  2018 Reflection 303rls
                  Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
                  X