What's the best bearing grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best bearing grease

My wife and I are getting back into camping and have a 2020 Imagine. Being rusty on some of the maintenance requirements I'm not sure what the best bearing grease is to use. Can I get some suggestions?

Thanks!

Joe

Originally posted by 2020Imagine View Post
    My wife and I are getting back into camping and have a 2020 Imagine. Being rusty on some of the maintenance requirements I'm not sure what the best bearing grease is to use. Can I get some suggestions?

Thanks!

Joe
    Hi Joe,

Welcome to our forum!

Many of us use Lucas "Red N Tacky" grease https://lucasoil.com/products/grease/red-n-tacky-grease
    This product has been around for a long time and I have been using it for a long time (with good results)

Just my "2 cents" worth . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by 2020Imagine View Post

Thanks!

Joe
      Welcome to the forum, Joe. I moved this thread to the Technical Forum > Suspension, Brakes and Tires channel.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This could be similar to who makes the best truck or tire.

There are many brands of wheel bearing grease where each are fine as long as the specs are met. I use Mobil 1 Synthetic Wheel bearing grease where it can be found in all auto parts stores across the country. This can be an advantage if there is a failure and you do not carry grease with you.

A few very important factors.

1) Use only a Lithium complex grease that meets or exceeds the specs found in the attached documents
        2) Do not mix grease from one brand to another. This means you will need to clean out your wheel hubs completely on the first bearing re-pack so you know what's in there.
        3) If you have and decide to use the EZ Lube system, make sure you are spinning the wheel while slowly applying the grease with a manual operated grease gun. Some use this system and some do not.

Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

I have been using Lucas Xtra Heavy Duty Grease for quite a few years. https://lucasoil.com/products/grease...vy-duty-grease As this is not a lithium complex grease you need to clean out the old grease very well but then I do that every time I repack anyway.

Rob
          Rob & Barb
          2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Thanks for the input it was very helpful!

Joe

Comment

Working...
            X