• Show
Clear All

• Mis matched Tires and wheels

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3490.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	111607 Yes I have contacted GD customer Service, reply pending

just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have 3 tires that are 215’s and 1 that’s a 235, see pics. The equipment list I have (GD sent me) it shows the Cooper tires that are 215’s .

Name:	IMG_3489.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	111606

Name:	IMG_3491.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	111608

Name:	IMG_3492.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	111609
    2018 RAM 3500 Long Horn, 2023 Solitude 390RK

viperjeff

That looks like either a factory mistake or possibly your dealer may have done this, transport even maybe. If you are close to your dealer maybe ask them or walk around there lot looking for that same tire on a different type RV. I would guess that GD would take care of this thru your dealer, remember to contact your dealer as well.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, contacted my dealer first, they said to contact GD. I feel this is probably really rare. That’s why I asked. I’m interested to see where it may lead. My guess is that it happened in transport, but who knows. Also kind of curious what Rv that wheel and tire would normally come on

Comment

viperjeff Out of curiosity have you checked your spare? I wonder if something happened in transport and they put the spare on and then replaced it with a different tire somehow as Brian suggested. It is hard to tell from the photos, but are the wheels all the same? I am sure Grand Design will be right on top of this.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Agree with Brian and Neil
          Delivery driver changed a flat. With what he had on hand? Thinking the delivery drivers keep a spare or two in the back of the truck.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
            Agree with Brian and Neil
            Delivery driver changed a flat. With what he had on hand? Thinking the delivery drivers keep a spare or two in the back of the truck.
            So now we have Brian and Neil and two Scotts in agreement.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post

So now we have Brian and Neil and two Scotts in agreement.
              The end is nigh!
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Spare is the gray painted steel rim. If you go back and look at the pictures, there’s a close up of the tire. One is a 235 80R, the other is a 215 75R. There is a fair chance those numbers are different.There are also subtle differences in the wheel design, maybe why I didn’t see it either.

it’s really to early for GD to have a response other than creating a ticket.

Comment

Am I right, the 215 is a passenger car tire? No ST or even LT designation.
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                  Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Looks like different wheel (rim) sizes as well - that 235 is a 16" tire (looks also to be on a different rim than the others), the 215's are 17.5" tires? I have never seen 17.5's on a trailer before... perhaps you are out 3 rims and tires if the spec is actually a 16" wheel.

ON EDIT - the spec is 17.5" so NOT out 3 wheels. My bad!
                    Ken & Sandra
                    2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                      Am I right, the 215 is a passenger car tire? No ST or even LT designation.
                      They are trailer tires. I have them on mine from GD. So far very impressed with them, they have held up very well with about 2500 miles on them. https://coopertrucktires.com/tires/work-series/rht-2
                      Scott & Mikaela
                      2022 375 RES
                      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by viperjeff View Post
                        Spare is the gray painted steel rim. If you go back and look at the pictures, there’s a close up of the tire. One is a 235 80R, the other is a 215 75R. There is a fair chance those numbers are different.There are also subtle differences in the wheel design, maybe why I didn’t see it either.

it’s really to early for GD to have a response other than creating a ticket.
                        I would also be concerned about the pressures for the two different tires and wheels. I have to Coopers on mine and they are supposed to be run at 125psi which also needs a wheel that is certified to that pressure. I would be willing to bet the Westlake tire is a lower pressure since it is a G rated tire and the Coopers are H rated.
                        Scott & Mikaela
                        2022 375 RES
                        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

This… is why like like forums, thanks folks

humbly
                          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by viperjeff View Post
                            This… is why like like forums, thanks folks

humbly
                            Jeff
                            Talked with GD about this issue today and showed them this post. On the manufacturing lines they only keep the tires that will be installed on that line on had for installation so this will never happen during production. They do agree that this was either transport or dealer.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks. Something tells me this will not be an easy resolution. I fear GD will send me back to the dealer. I know this game, I play it daily with medical insurance companies at work.

as of yet, I have not heard from GD. Thinking positive

Comment

Working...
                              X