New Road Armor equalizer did very well crossing I-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Road Armor equalizer did very well crossing I-10

We are currently west of San Antonio on our summer trip from south Florida. Dreading the road conditions we were going to encounter along I-10 , we prepared our suspension last fall at the Lippert service center in Goshen. Other than the usual annual bearing service, we had our disk brakes serviced, new bushings and shackles plus a new equalizer. Our tech Jeremy who we have worked with since the 2018 rally insisted I try their Road Armor equalizer. I went online and looked at the promo videos see a bit more about how it was so different from my Equaflex or the Cree, this is a short video on it. I was hopeful it would be an improvement but until I tested it would not recommend. Well, I have traveled some rough roads since from Indiana to Florida and now west on I-10 and through some Louisiana roads that I prayed would not destroy my truck or RV.

https://youtu.be/6C-YuCjUiMk

One other major improvement we did last fall was getting rid of stock king pin and adding the MorRyde rubber pinbox. We wanted to eliminate some of the jarring through the bridge abutments. You can still feel as if you are subjected to it but it’s not jarring. Works well with our Demco Recon hitch a vast improvement.

Inside the RV after driving on some of the roughest parts of I-10 were surprising to me. When I opened the door, I did not find cabinets or doors open, trim or shades on the floor. Nothing really moved from where it was before the journey, that was very impressive especially in situations I thought for sure would destroy our RV. We don’t drive over 65 stay between 60-65 so that also helps.

We also considered shock absorbers or adding a summo kit but thought we would test this first. One interesting bit of info was when I asked Lippert about adding sumo’s he advised against it. After this test I think we are fine with just this upgrade for now.

Anyway, if you are considering an upgrade this summer consider the Road Armor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1557.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	112282
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3088.png Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	112283
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0207.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	112284

Attached Files
    Last edited by Beachcamper; 05-15-2023, 09:14 AM.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

I'll admit that the rubber pin box was well worth the money spent. Even running the auto slider with it's slop, the rubber box help tremendously.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
    X