TPMS Tow Vehicle’s or Lions Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS Tow Vehicle’s or Lions Head

My travel trailer a 2023 Geand Design Imagine 2670 MK is prepped for TPMS. My tow vehicle is a 2022 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7 diesel 4x4. The truck has a TPMS. Which TPMS, trailer or truck would you prefer?

I prefer truck, one less display to look at.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I ran TireMinder stem mounted aftermarket TPMS for years and constantly battled dropped signals and false alarms. TireMinder even replaced the receiver and provided various boosters . . . nothing solved the problems.

With my new 2022 F350, I installed the internal stem sensors and mounted the receiver on the back of the trailer battery box. The tire pressure signals are rock solid. The only slight “aggravation” is that you have to get rolling to wake up the sensors, so they don’t work for a pre-trip pressure check. I would recommend the Ford system even though it is a little more complex to install. You need to wire the second umbilical cord, but this comes with the trailer camera wiring which is another good thing. The tire pressure sensors need to be installed by a tire shop, but the sensors that come from Ford fit the trailer rims.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce & Becky McFadden View Post
        My travel trailer a 2023 Geand Design Imagine 2670 MK is prepped for TPMS. My tow vehicle is a 2022 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7 diesel 4x4. The truck has a TPMS. Which TPMS, trailer or truck would you prefer?
        Hands down the truck. Not even a contest. I have a '17 F-350 Platinum.

Lousy pic, but you can see how elegantly the trailer's pressures are integrated into the screen. Only item missing is temperature, but haven't found it important.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	173
Size:	802.5 KB
ID:	112319
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you! Truck it is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce & Becky McFadden View Post
            Thank you! Truck it is!!!
            Good choice. Works great and integrated with trucks system.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

Good choice. Works great and integrated with trucks system.
              Yep. Maybe truck and RV manufacturers will someday integrate rear view camera systems.
              2022 Reflection 280 RS
              2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

I don't know about the trailer "prepped" TPMS system. I never intended to use it. My 2022 RAM came with the trailer TPMS valve stems as part of the tow group options I bought. I finally got around to having them installed this past weekend. Set up an appointment at our local Discount Tire. Walked in and handed the parts to the manager. He said no problem, they do a lot of these. While Discount was finishing up and checking the wheel torque, I paired them to the truck. Couldn't have been easier. They seem to work very well, very pleased so far.
                Jim & Kathy
                2022 Imagine 2600RB
                2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
                trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy&Jim_Imagine View Post
                  I don't know about the trailer "prepped" TPMS system. I never intended to use it. My 2022 RAM came with the trailer TPMS valve stems as part of the tow group options I bought. I finally got around to having them installed this past weekend. Set up an appointment at our local Discount Tire. Walked in and handed the parts to the manager. He said no problem, they do a lot of these. While Discount was finishing up and checking the wheel torque, I paired them to the truck. Couldn't have been easier. They seem to work very well, very pleased so far.
                  Just remember to plug the TPMS connector from your trailer to your truck
                  Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

acoleman43 its wireless, nothing to plug in.
                    Jim & Kathy
                    2022 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

acoleman43 its wireless, nothing to plug in.
                      I am very jealous :(
                      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

acoleman43 LOL. I just hope it continues to work well.... only time will tell. By the way, thanks for your reminder. Just one reason why this site is good.
                        Jim & Kathy
                        2022 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Mine works the same.....wireless to the infotainment system in the truck and displays temp and pressure. Love it.
                          40-year Camping Enthusiast
                          2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Working...
                          X