Solitude 378MBS Lug Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude 378MBS Lug Nuts

Due to bulging, I need to replace the two-piece lug nuts installed on our 2022 Solitude 378MBS riding on the 17.5" rims in the 8-bolt pattern. The lugs require a 9/16" socket to torque and that is the only measurement provided on the parts lookup page for replacement but, Dorman requires a more extensive set of measurements. Does anyone have a full set of measurements for these lug nuts? Thank you.
    Very Respectfully,

Tod, Ginny, Connor, Cullen, and Smokey
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS w/ GEN-Y Executive Torsion-Flex

Hi there,

According to E-trailer, Dexter axle most likely uses a 3" lug stud that is fine thread on the wheel end, and coarse thread on the hub end. Based on what I can find, it appears that you want lug nuts that measure 9/16"-18.

I believe your lug nuts need a larger socket than 9/16" to torque.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Hi there,

According to E-trailer, Dexter axle most likely uses a 3" lug stud that is fine thread on the wheel end, and coarse thread on the hub end. Based on what I can find, it appears that you want lug nuts that measure 9/16"-18.

I believe your lug nuts need a larger socket than 9/16" to torque.

Jim
      Jim,

Thank you very much for the information, I hadn't thought to look on E-trailer. You are absolutely correct, I misspoke, the lugs take a 7/8" socket to torque. Thank you again.

v/r

Tod
      Very Respectfully,

2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0871.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	114141 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0873.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	114142 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0877.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	114143 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0870.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	114144

Ok guys, I am looking for a source to replace the crappy 9/16-18 two-piece lug nuts factory installed on our 8k axles with disc brakes running the 215/75/17.5 Cooper's. The installed lug nuts have the following measurements:

Length: 2.04" (51.7mm)
        Width at the widest point of the seat: 1.02" (25.96mm)
        Width in the middle of the lug nut: 0.87" (22.1mm)
        Seat: Conical 60 degrees
        Hex: 7/8" socket to break/torque

I have tried every source I can and can only find the 9/16-18's either a 1.91" or a 2.37" in the 0.87" width and 60 degree seat. If anyone know where to source a lug nut that will work for my application, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by haznavy; 06-09-2023, 11:21 AM.
        Very Respectfully,

2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

haznavy

9/16" - 18 Lug Nuts (if this is the correct thread) . . . do not seem too difficult to find. Such as https://www.amazon.com/MIKKUPPA-16-1...s%2C131&sr=8-3

I would suggest going with chromed steel. Stainless steel lug nuts are out there, but are too soft to retain the necessary torque.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            haznavy

9/16" - 18 Lug Nuts (if this is the correct thread) . . . do not seem too difficult to find. Such as https://www.amazon.com/MIKKUPPA-16-1...s%2C131&sr=8-3

I would suggest going with chromed steel. Stainless steel lug nuts are out there, but are too soft to retain the necessary torque.

Rob
            Yes sir, not hard to find the 9/16-18 thread lug nuts it's the length and width I'm having trouble finding; no one seems to make a 2" in the 0.87" width that I can find.
            Very Respectfully,

2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

haznavy - I assume you considered that an lug nut over 2" will work for you too?

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

haznavy - I assume you considered that an lug nut over 2" will work for you too?

Jim
                Hey Jim, that's what I was wondering. Is there any risk to using a lug nut over 2"?
                Very Respectfully,

2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by haznavy View Post

Hey Jim, that's what I was wondering. Is there any risk to using a lug nut over 2"?
                  None at all. The torque interface is at the "acorn" portion of the nut. The nut should be long enough that the inside does not make contact with the end of the stud. It doesn't matter how large that dead space is.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

None at all. The torque interface is at the "acorn" portion of the nut. The nut should be long enough that the inside does not make contact with the end of the stud. It doesn't matter how large that dead space is.

Jim
                    Jim,

Roger that, much appreciated.

v/r

Tod
                    Very Respectfully,

2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                    X