Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudhendriver View Post
    Rob,

I noticed that when I did the qualification form from Morryde, my 23bhe would not work because the hangers are not wide enough (you need 3 inch wide hangers, 1.5 inches from center on each side of the bolt). I assume your XLS has the same. Any thoughts on that? The Dexter seems to be a direct fit.
    andy
    Hi Andy,

Do you have Dexter or LCI suspension on your Imagine? Typically Dexter hangers are wider than LCI and LCI hangers are 3" wide. (at least they are on my Reflection) I am not sure what "your XLS" comment refers to. Attached are my measurements of the Correct Track LCI hangers on my Reflection 303RLS.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Although GD is using Dexter axles I believe that the hangers are still LCI , these would already be attached to the frame and the frame is still LCI.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here are a couple pics of the job on my Imagine 2600RB where I integrated one inch lift blocks to the springs to solve the tire to floor clearance issues. This allowed me to move to a slightly larger 15" Goodyear tire. The MORryde CRE3000 was installed as well as their heavy duty wet bolt kit. Once the moderators sort out what size hangers you have, these modifications may be possible for you.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...r-2017-imagine
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; 03-18-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Andy,

Do you have Dexter or LCI suspension on your Imagine? Typically Dexter hangers are wider than LCI and LCI hangers are 3" wide. (at least they are on my Reflection) I am not sure what "your XLS" comment refers to. Attached are my measurements of the Correct Track LCI hangers on my Reflection 303RLS.

Rob
          Apologies, I miss typed in my last message. I have dexter axles but the hanger for the equalizer is tapered, I’ll attach a pic. Because the qualification firm for the cre3000 states you need 1.5” on each side of the bolt hole, they said I shouldn’t use it. I know the Dexter EZ flex is another option, and it has good reviews. Wondering if anybody else who has an imagine XLS ( I have the 23bhe) has seen or heard the same.
          Andy

Comment

Mudhendriver
            Hi Andy,

That is a Dexter hanger. I have seen these used on the outer spring attachments where the wider foot welded to the frame rail is an advantage. I have never seen one used in the center hanger position as shown in your picture.

I am not sure where you are trying to get to with your suspension improvement plan. I note from your posted picture that you have dry bolts (and probably the least expensive nylon bushings). Wet bolts, bronze bushings and a cushioned equalizer would be a good place to start. If you want to go beyond this, starting with new reinforced hangers of the proper dimensions is not that expensive.

There is a lot of suspension expertise on this forum . . . if you can define what you have in mind, we can probably help you get there .

​​​​​​​Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Mudhendriver
              Hi Andy,

That is a Dexter hanger. I have seen these used on the outer spring attachments where the wider foot welded to the frame rail is an advantage. I have never seen one used in the center hanger position as shown in your picture.

I am not sure where you are trying to get to with your suspension improvement plan. I note from your posted picture that you have dry bolts (and probably the least expensive nylon bushings). Wet bolts, bronze bushings and a cushioned equalizer would be a good place to start. If you want to go beyond this, starting with new reinforced hangers of the proper dimensions is not that expensive.

There is a lot of suspension expertise on this forum . . . if you can define what you have in mind, we can probably help you get there .

Rob
              Looking for the wet bolts and bronze bushings, would like the new equalizers for a better pulling trailer. Ideally, would rather not cut and weld on larger hangers just to use a CRE3000 system. If the Dexter ones would work, I’d like to go that route.

From what I have seen, it seems the Imagine XLS series have the narrower hangers and the Imagine have the larger ones (assuming for the higher gross weight).

is there any large advantage or is it worth it to put on larger hangars (like danger of suspension failure leaving it the way it is)?

Andy

Comment

Mudhendriver
                Hi Andy,

I would think that a MORryde wet bolt kit with the heavier shackle plates and a cushioned equalizer such as the MORryde CRE3000, would be a "bolt-on" upgrade that would significantly improve your original suspension. MORryde makes many kits for this purpose (and several on this forum have successfully installed these kits). I would suggest that you talk with MORryde directly to get the right parts to fit your suspension. The cushioned center equalizer hangs from a single bolt just like your OE equalizer. I can't see that the dimensions or shape of the center hanger would make any difference.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Mudhendriver
                  Hi Andy,

I would think that a MORryde wet bolt kit with the heavier shackle plates and a cushioned equalizer such as the MORryde CRE3000, would be a "bolt-on" upgrade that would significantly improve your original suspension. MORryde makes many kits for this purpose (and several on this forum have successfully installed these kits). I would suggest that you talk with MORryde directly to get the right parts to fit your suspension. The cushioned center equalizer hangs from a single bolt just like your OE equalizer. I can't see that the dimensions or shape of the center hanger would make any difference.

Rob
                  Unfortunately the step 2 in their qualification sheet says I can’t (morryde), that’s why it looks like I’ll go with the Dexter kit. Photo attached. I have talked with the Morryde sales department already and they pretty much told me No, kind of a bummer but at least there are other options.
                  Thanks for the help guys! If anybody else has seen this please let me know.

andy

Comment

Cheesy, is the best description of the factory suspension on the Grand Design XLS series TT's. Keep it until it fails then replace?

Comment

Working...
                    X