Best Creeper for doing belly work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Creeper for doing belly work?

Good morning folks. Hopefully I put this in the correct spot. but if not please move.

After searching here (a lot of folks use or recommend them) what is a good creeper to get? Crawling on my back under the rig is getting a bit old. Searching the net everyone has the best, but what are folks actually using. I am dimensionally challenged and my mass gets in the way so I think i need a HD one. Are the ones with the adjustable back better?

Can folks recommend a brand or model to look at?

Have a great weekend
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Keith

Funny that you posted this. A couple weeks ago I got the "on sale" grey creeper from Harbor Freight only 19.99. I really do not use one much, so far , but wanted one better than the 1970's one that I had. It is a decent creeper , 6 wheels , and supports 300#. Just rode it around today adjusting my steps. My problem with creepers is they are not long enough for me or wide enough in the shoulder area. I like the older flat ones that you can roll around on or lay on your side if needed. I do not like The Bone creeper , just to contoured for me , but they do roll nice.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Keith

Funny that you posted this. A couple weeks ago I got the "on sale" grey creeper from Harbor Freight only 19.99. I really do not use one much, so far , but wanted one better than the 1970's one that I had. It is a decent creeper , 6 wheels , and supports 300#. Just rode it around today adjusting my steps. My problem with creepers is they are not long enough for me or wide enough in the shoulder area. I like the older flat ones that you can roll around on or lay on your side if needed. I do not like The Bone creeper , just to contoured for me , but they do roll nice.

Brian
      Thanks Brian. As mentioned I am dimensionally challenged. Wide shoulders, long torso, short legs and too much around the midle. I remember having an old wood framed unit way back when with 1" padding. Was OK except the frame cracked. Maybe I should check with my shop friends and find out what the pros use. I would like to try before I buy? I wonder if the sears store has something good, or the auto parts stores?

Appreciate the help
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Keith

Brian
        I bought the same one as Brian and can say it rolls nice and for me is comfortable.
        Tim & Terrie
        2018 Ram 3500 SRW Long bed
        2020 337 RLS

Comment

Keith

When you find one at a store take it for a test ride, I did , did not impress my son at all.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I find cardboard appliance boxes to be very handy (think refrigerator). They work particularly well on sand and pea gravel where a creeper won't roll. They keep me clean and I can scoot around on them quite easily. There's also plenty of clearance between the surface I'm laying on and the bottom of the rig. When I'm done, they get folded up and put in the park dumpster (except in some Escapees co-op parks where they recycle cardboard). I don't have to worry about something extra to carry around. Of course, if you're not full-time, have a garage to store your tools and a hard surface on which to park your RV, my refrigerator box may seem rather primitive and inelegant.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I keep a few of the 3x3 rubber floor pads laying around....they click lock together and I just kinda scoot them around.
              Keith and Diane
              2014 Reflection 337 RLS
              2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

Keith,

I have this Williams model which rolls easily but at times my shoulders will be in contact with the frame. Not found the perfect creeper since after two back surgeries and now a neck surgery, nothing makes working on the ground easy anymore. This identical creeper in snap-on form is $275.00.

https://protoolwarehouse.com/william...5a38f718b369ab

Jim

Comment

Thanks folks. How important is and adjustable back? Williams makes an adjustable model.

Comment

Well I have this one on order
                    https://www.zoro.com/whiteside-creep...up/i/G3275377/
                    With a coupon and free shipping.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                      Well I have this one on order
                      https://www.zoro.com/whiteside-creep...up/i/G3275377/
                      With a coupon and free shipping.

Thanks everyone
                      Keith

That looks nice and comfy. Might even be able to take a nap on that one.
                      Let us know how it works out.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yoda

Hi Keith,

I will be interested to learn how this fancy new creeper works out.
                        I have not had much luck with creepers and usually end up crawling around on an old refrigerator cardboard box (as SC RobSecond Chance)

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It shipped today. With the foretasted warm temps I may give it a good work out pulling my air horns out from under my truck before I possibly buy my new one. Ill get pictures and post how it works. One problem - if I get the better half to take a picture of me using it ---- promise not to laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                            Yoda

Hi Keith,

I will be interested to learn how this fancy new creeper works out.
                            I have not had much luck with creepers and usually end up crawling around on an old refrigerator cardboard box (as SC RobSecond Chance)

Rob
                            Just one more thing we have in common...

(Another) Rob
                            Rob & Laura
                            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Now if someone could come up with a way to get back up on my feet after lying on the creeper for an hour or so.....that would be priceless!
                              Keith and Diane
                              2014 Reflection 337 RLS
                              2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

Working...
                              X