Imagine 3000QB Brake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 3000QB Brake question

I am a new owner of an Imagine 3000QB. Are the brakes self-adjusting or do I need to manually adjust them?
    Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram Bighorn

Originally posted by EvanT View Post
    I am a new owner of an Imagine 3000QB. Are the brakes self-adjusting or do I need to manually adjust them?
    EvanT--welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. GDRV-Megan recently answered a similar question regarding the brakes on a 2020 Imagine 2600RV. The short answer: not self-adjusting. For more details, here's the thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...2840#post12840
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks! I have lots of experience with old VW drum brakes. I guess it is similar with the adjusting stars. Snug it up until the wheel is tight , then back off until it is just loose.
      Imagine 3000QB
      2019 Ram Bighorn

Comment

Thanks! I have lots of experience with old VW drum brakes. I guess it is similar with the adjusting stars. Snug it up until the wheel is tight , then back off until it is just loose.
        I know next to nothing about drum brakes. Guest , Cate&Rob or someone else please chime in...
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Hi EvanT,

Exactly the same as those old VW drum brakes . . . same technology brakes and adjustment process . . . LOL!

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yup, get yourself a brake spoon if you don't have one. I adjust mine when I repack the bearings.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

I have a brake spoon from the old days, it was too big to fit the hole in the back of the plate on the VWs so I always used a screwdriver
              Imagine 3000QB
              2019 Ram Bighorn

Comment

You just haven't lived until you've adjusted drum brakes. Lol

Jim

Comment

I have a brake spoon from the old days, it was too big to fit the hole in the back of the plate on the VWs so I always used a screwdriver
                  I found the brake spoon that came from my father's tool box . . . I think he got it from my grandfather . . . still worked just fine ๐Ÿ˜€. So, this tool goes back to adjusting drum brakes in the 1920s. Thus, the current drum brake technology used on trailers in 2020 is no different than what was invented 100 years ago.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I found the brake spoon that came from my father's tool box . . . I think he got it from my grandfather . . . still worked just fine ๐Ÿ˜€. So, this tool goes back to adjusting drum brakes in the 1920s. Thus, the current drum brake technology used on trailers in 2020 is no different than what was invented 100 years ago.

Rob
                    That post is both cool and crazy at the same time. I have my grandfather's slide rule, not that I know how to use it...

Comment

Working...
                    X