Truck tire recommendations for on and off road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck tire recommendations for on and off road

We would like to know what are the best tires to put on our Dodge Ram 1 ton for hauling our 5th. We mostly camp off-road so multi specialty tire is a must.

Originally posted by Desert dogs View Post
    We would like to know what are the best tires to put on our Dodge Ram 1 ton for hauling our 5th. We mostly camp off-road so multi specialty tire is a must.
    I haven't spent a great deal of time off road however I have found the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Kevlar tires to be a great tire for my setup. I too have a 3500 Ram and went to these A/T tires having chosen them for a combination tread allowing towing of our 5th wheel rig and dirt road - off road ability. I have about 30k miles on these tires and have been very pleased with the experience. They have provided a much better ride vs. the factory Firestone tires. What I mean by ride is a better grip control of the road, more comfortable, and less slippage when off-road. I was hoping to get about 50k miles out of the set I currently have however it appears I am more on track to achieve 40k.

Like you, I was wanting a tire with more aggressive tread while also providing great highway performance when pulling. You can go more aggressive with the tread selection but I do believe you compromise your towing effectiveness and tread life of the more aggressive tire.
    Keith and Tina
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2014 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins Crew Cab SWD SB 4X4
    Hitch Curt 20k Fixed Mount

Comment

Originally posted by Desert dogs View Post
      Hi Desert dogs, welcome to the forum. I moved your post to the appropriate section of the Technical Forum as it should get more exposure there and hopefully you’ll get some additional replies. Pretty dog!

Andi
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
      X