Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which grease is better--engineers here will probably love this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which grease is better--engineers here will probably love this!

Check this out!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Very cool video. The guy actually did a pretty decent job testing the grease. Glad I have Red "N" Tacky on the shelf in my garage :-)
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

IMO Dexter has done the best job in recommending a wheel bearing grease in both brand and specification. I use Mobile 1 Synthetic wheel bearing grease which is on their list of approved products. Attached are the specs from Exxon as well as Lucas where both look to be high quality greases. The video is very cool but ASTM tests are exhaustive where the most important tests are done live on the product fixtures to simulate the use case and which ultimately determines what is best to use.

Also attached is a technical lube document for those that are having a hard time falling asleep.
      Attached Files

Comment

X2 on what Jim Guest said. Here is the link to the Mobil grease page (trust the same grease as what Jim is sharing.):
        https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/...thetic-grease/

I considered Red N Tacky as Brian shared since over the years it seems to get the number one nod from GDRV forum folks. However, my limited research took me in the Mobil direction. I use it on my hitch and the hitch has seemed quite happy. If it's meets Jim's standards.........it's definitely good enough for me !

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Dan,

I'm not a chemist, but I do believe in Mobil 1 products so seeing this brand on the Dexter approval list was an easy call for me. All the LS engines I worked on for over eight years ran on Mobile 1 synthetic motor oil (another topic) and they were punished severely by us and survived.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting! I use Red & Tacky in my farm equipment, and Mobil 1 Synthetic for wheel bearings.
            John & Kathy
            2014 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
            X