Tire Pressure Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Pressure Gauge

In need of a new tire pressure gauge. I have a few older steel tube type that I believe are worn out or close to it. I get different pressures from each one.

So , What is the best to buy? What are you all using?

Thanks all,

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Brian
    I use Miltons from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Eulah & Jim Johnson
    Lucy
    our mini Goldendoodle
    2020 Reflection 150 260RD
    B&W 20K Companion Puck Hitch
    2014 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.2L Flex
    Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT Tires

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      In need of a new tire pressure gauge. I have a few older steel tube type that I believe are worn out or close to it. I get different pressures from each one.

So , What is the best to buy? What are you all using?

Thanks all,

Brian
      I use an Astro AI Heavy-Duty. I forget why I chose this one or where it was recommended. Works OK on the trailer tires--but so could a hundred other options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AstroAI.JPG
Views:	581
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	14785

For the truck I use the built-in pressure sensors. Dually tires are incredibly difficult to work with almost any air item.

The only thing I've found that fits is VIAIR's attachment. I bought a second one as a spare. Hard to see in the picture below, but they put a slight bend in the device so it actually fits on the inside tire's valve stem. Nothing else I've tried works. You can buy the item separately if you call VIAIR's Customer Service line at 949-585-0011. They call it a "45 Degree Dually Chuck" and it cost me $10.11 + $5 shipping. (I got an extra twist on chuck, too. It's the item right above the dually chuck in the picture.)

Name:	items.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	14787

Name:	VIAIR.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	14786
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The AstroAL above is what I've used the past two years and has proven to be very accurate.
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Check out this site. I've had a Rhino air gauge for several years. It has an analog gauge, braided hose and more. Very reasonable prices.

https://www.rhinousainc.com/collections/tire-gauges
          2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
          2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
          Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
          FMCA # 489460

Comment

I have an older analog dial gauge that has been professionally calibrated in the past. I believe that it is still accurate. Today, I use a $10 electronic gauge. Every once in a while, I will cross check with my analog dial gauge and they remain in close agreement. Typically, I know what I am expecting the tire pressures to be. If I were to measure something different, I would check the next tire that should be the same. If that measurement also didn't make sense, I would get out the analog gauge. I also cross check with my Tireminder system. This is the least accurate as to the actual pressure measurement, but it's task is to watch for changes in pressure, not the absolutely correct pressure measurement.

I have not had good luck with the steel tube type pressure gauges. Too much opportunity for the center rod to hang up in the tube.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have had this one for a number of years. My best one. Amazon for $11.

Just found out the newer ones have an on/off button to press, mine was auto-on, which is what I prefer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	31VU9qK8RfL._AC_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	14896
              Last edited by The_Duke; 03-20-2020, 09:40 AM.
              2021 Imagine 2400 BH
              2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/ Max Tow

Comment

Originally posted by The_Duke View Post

Just found out the newer ones have an on/off button to press, mine was auto-on, which is what I prefer.

Click image for larger version Name:	31VU9qK8RfL._AC_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	14896
                I use that one on my motorcycle. I like that it came with a case, too.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Granted this is an old thread and I should have updated sooner but having had the chance to use my new tire gage throughout the year I have finally decided to update this thread.

This is the gage that I bought Amazon.com: JACO EliteProPlus Tire Pressure Gauge with Dually Air Chuck - 160 PSI: Industrial & Scientific. I like the gage it is pretty well built and I have no complaints. I have checked against my dealer when I get my oil change/tires rotated and it is within 1# of the pressure they set in my truck tires.
                  Thanks all for your input.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm old.
                    Dance with what brought me.
                    Yes, I feel the Government owes me, so....
                    Aircraft gauge that still works.
                    Piedmont Manufacturing Company (?)
                    Division of Bridge Company (?)
                    Altavista VA.24517
                    Made in U.S.A. # 40-403

Just sayin'

Last edited by Capt Bob; 12-07-2020, 07:03 PM.
                    Robert and Chris
                    2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                    2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Many Options.

Slime Dually Tire Gauge with Hose, 10 to 160 PSI at Tractor Supply Co.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Bob View Post
                        I'm old.
                        Dance with what brought me.
                        Yes, I feel the Government owes me, so....
                        Aircraft gauge that still works.
                        Piedmont Manufacturing Company (?)
                        Division of Bridge Company (?)
                        Altavista VA.24517
                        Made in U.S.A. # 40-403

Just sayin'

If it doesn't beep, light up, or cost over $100 the gadget doesn't qualify as an entry for consideration on this forum, Capt Bob. Don't you know that yet?

I'm teasing of course--simple is usually always better.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Duke View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	31VU9qK8RfL._AC_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	14896
                          This is the one that I use. I also used to have the “auto-on”, but it bit the dust a while back and I got this one as the replacement.
                          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
                          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
                          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
                          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
                          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If it doesn't beep, light up, or cost over $100 the gadget doesn't qualify as an entry for consideration on this forum, Capt Bob. Don't you know that yet?

I'm teasing of course--simple is usually always better.
                            Well I'm deaf, blind and of course..cheap so this govt.issue fits the bill. Besides, i can feel the etched numbers in the dark.
                            Robert and Chris
                            2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                            2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

I use this one and the readout is great and goes to 200 lbs, 25 bucks

Amazon.com: JACO ElitePro Digital Tire Pressure Gauge - Professional Accuracy - 200 PSI: Industrial & Scientific

Comment

Working...
                              X