MORryde 3000 Or Lippert Road Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Midwest Expectations View Post
    Bert Newman I apologize for the delay, just now seeing your comment. As I originally stated, I went with the Lippert Road Armor, but used the 3-1/8" MORryde heavy duty shackles (because they looked more robust).

As a general update, I’m very satisfied with the improvements and had a buddy (who does not own a GD coach), add them to his rig as well. When he took it to that big chain tire store—you know, the one that claim to offer big discounts (not to name names), they tried to use the road armor as a lifting point. Not so surprisingly, the equalizers do not make a good lifting point.
    Would the 2.5” morryde shackles fit on a 35.5” axel spread? Or do you need the 3.125 shackles to fit the road armor?
    2020 Imagine 2600RB.
    Our second trailer, after we learned what we needed!

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but what is the difference between the yellow and blue Road Armors? Seriously looking at upgrading my 2610ML

Comment

Originally posted by rkmccoy View Post
        Not to hijack the thread but what is the difference between the yellow and blue Road Armors? Seriously looking at upgrading my 2610ML
        My understanding used to be that the blue was used when it came from the trailer manufacturer with it installed. The yellow indicated an aftermarket installation

I purchased the LCI from etrailer around May and when the pair came they were blue. So I think at this point they are shipping whatever color they can to fill orders.

So I believe there is no difference other than color.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Thanks Mike, now I know!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayE View Post

Would the 2.5” morryde shackles fit on a 35.5” axel spread? Or do you need the 3.125 shackles to fit the road armor?
            I called lippert and asked. For 2600 RB They say I need the 3.125 shackles for the road armor.
            2020 Imagine 2600RB.
            Our second trailer, after we learned what we needed!

Comment

Hi i'm an owner of 2600rb since 2018.

Friday we tried to leave for the week end but our suspension say NO!

One of the leaf spring broke.

I replace them by north america leaf spring. More expensive but stronger.

After this, we decide to upgrade our suspension. But i don't know with what? (Morryde CRE3000 vs Dexter Ez flex vs lippert Road armor.

Thank's to give your suggestions

G

Comment

Road armor. Very happy with my decision. Have been seeing some failures of the CRE3000 lately. Dexter Ez flex as well.
                Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
                TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Armor.JPG
Views:	1009
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	94280 Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Armor.JPG
Views:	997
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	94281 2022 2500RL with road armor 3 1/8" shackles
                  Last edited by Frank L; 09-07-2022, 03:04 PM.
                  ???? Imagine 2500RL
                  See Custom 3D Printed Parts on eBay:
                  https://www.ebay.com/usr/frankl48044

Comment

I just installed RoadArmor w/wetbolts on our 2500RL. Also put new bronze bushings in the leaf springs. Leaving Friday, will see if I can tell any difference.
                    Mark & Judy
                    2021 F350 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Crew SB SRW
                    2021 GD Imagine2500RL

Comment

Originally posted by mbergthold View Post
                      I just installed RoadArmor w/wetbolts on our 2500RL. Also put new bronze bushings in the leaf springs. Leaving Friday, will see if I can tell any difference.
                      Curious to hear your thoughts after your trip! We’ve also got a 2500RL and are looking at an upgrade for the suspension….

How’d she do?
                      Chad, Heather, a kid or two, and Scout the Doodle dog

2021 Imagine 2500RL
                      2018 Crew Max Tundra Platinum

I can’t leave things stock…

Comment

Originally posted by Chad D. View Post
                        We’ve also got a 2500RL and are looking at an upgrade for the suspension….
                        We've had EZ-Flex and CRE-3000 equalizers with wet bolts on both. EZ-Flex is superior to CRE-3000 imo. I can't offer any real life feedback on the Road Armour as I've never had or seen a trailer equipped with it. I can't see it being any better than the CRE...but just my opinion. The thing that biases me toward the EZ or the CRE is I don't place a lot of faith in LCI designs. They seem to spec things to be 'just enough' to get the job done.
                        My reasoning re EZ flex is better is that it is two castings pivoting on a CrMo pin cushioned by rubber. Where the others are plates welded or riveted together bouncing on the rubber itself.
                        Whichever you choose, it will be better than the solid equalizer...so you can't really make a wrong decision.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

The biggest issue I see with all of the systems including the solid center is location of the 3 pivot holes. With them not being in line, as the suspension exercises, the forces change. And it's opposite of what it needs to be.

Example: Front axle goes over a hump (speed bump), as the front axle moves vertically upward, by way of the swing shackles, it drags the front of the equalizer up which by high school geometry incresases the horizontal distance from the pivot pin to the front swing shackle while shortening the rear. One would think that the change in vertical elevation would cause the loads to equalize. Not the case. Instead this forces more load onto the rear axle. Why? SeaSaw affect (AKA sum of moments). As the distance from pivot increases load decreases to keep the system in check. ON slipper spring suspensions, the 2 pins and the sliding support are essentially all in a line (may be a slight offset in the slide pad of the spring).
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                            Example: Front axle goes over a hump (speed bump), as the front axle moves vertically upward, by way of the swing shackles, it drags the front of the equalizer up which by high school geometry incresases the horizontal distance from the pivot pin to the front swing shackle while shortening the rear. One would think that the change in vertical elevation would cause the loads to equalize. Not the case. Instead this forces more load onto the rear axle. Why? SeaSaw affect (AKA sum of moments). As the distance from pivot increases load decreases to keep the system in check. ON slipper spring suspensions, the 2 pins and the sliding support are essentially all in a line (may be a slight offset in the slide pad of the spring).
                            Then there's.... 'panic braking' forces
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy Those don't count as those things never happen when some idiot changes lanes almost hitting you and the person in the lane he came from. But again the same principal.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Chad D. View Post

Curious to hear your thoughts after your trip! We’ve also got a 2500RL and are looking at an upgrade for the suspension….

How’d she do?
                                it towed great - smoother. The X brace gives me peace of mind, as did the tire upgrade to225s load E.

Mark & Judy
                                2021 F350 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Crew SB SRW
                                2021 GD Imagine2500RL

Comment

Working...
                                X